Author Topic: Ancestral origins of the family of Harold Shiers (born Blackpool 1899).  (Read 5644 times)

Offline Doddie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestral origins of the family of Harold Shiers (born Blackpool 1899).
« Reply #27 on: Friday 08 March 19 15:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave, tech not my best I'm afraid. Hope things work. Have put 3 photos in one scan. Hope the outcome is okay. Two wedding photos and one of my step-grandfather with Sybil and Jack. Tried to send as part of a personal message but does not seem to have 'Attachments and other options' feature so have sent as part of main thread. Hope you don't mind.

Offline Daveshiers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 10 March 19 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the photos. I have never seen any of my mothers wedding until after she died. I belived the other male in the wedding photo is Alfred Shiers, Harold and Lens' father. The bridesmaid is Connie, cant remeber her last name though.  I have tried to attached the only wedding photo i have. but can send large files will try another way. if you get it maybe you can say whothe lady standing next to Harold s ? Is it Edith?

Offline connorshiers91

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 01 November 21 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Iv came across your posts on here about the Shiers family. These are my Great great great uncles an auntys you are talking about (Jack and Sybil) my grandad is thier nephew.