Author Topic: The SUNTER and ANDREW family. Kilconquhar and Paisley  (Read 3970 times)

Offline blueheeler

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The SUNTER and ANDREW family. Kilconquhar and Paisley
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 02:19 BST (UK) »
Dear Molly,

Re the birth date of David Sunter he was born in 1762 and his wife Margaret Andrew born in 1764. I hope this helps.

One of their children Jean married a David Ritchie (my grandfather five generations back).

Do you know when she died ?
I have seen on Findmypast website that a Jean Sunter was buried on 5 August, 1849 in Kilconquhar, Earlsferry. It has that her husband was a David Dirkie. I am thinking maybe through poor handwriting David's surname was Ritchie.

Any views ?

regards

David

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: The SUNTER and ANDREW family. Kilconquhar and Paisley
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 03:07 BST (UK) »
Do you know when she died ?
I have seen on Findmypast website that a Jean Sunter was buried on 5 August, 1849 in Kilconquhar, Earlsferry. It has that her husband was a David Dirkie. I am thinking maybe through poor handwriting David's surname was Ritchie.

Hi David,

Don't be surprised as this may have been the 'latest tech' of OCR reading (Optical Character Recognition) i.e. not transcribed by a person but a computer scanning prog!

This looks to me to be a high probability it's the same David Ritchie.

Try this link & get in touch with NorrieG (member here on RC) with any requests...good luck!

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=504547.0

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"