Author Topic: James Campbell & Elspeth McGrigor - 1790 - Logierait  (Read 4063 times)

Offline marc108

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Campbell & Elspeth McGrigor - 1790 - Logierait
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 13 December 20 18:29 GMT (UK) »
3/
Very interessting remarks  above by Peter McGrogor and why he points to James Campbell and Margt. McIauglan as parents to James.

I always focused my research on Logierait and found John Campbell & Margret Irvine being a possibility.
See attached christening records of their children with James being 1st born male.
Actually it turned out that the baptism records show James and Jannet as twins.

To be honest, I might be wrong. Do you have more to add to the possibility of James Campbell and Margt. McIauglan?

As I mentioned I focused on Logierait and did travel to Logierait various times and searched Hilhead cemetery but without any success. I did come accross a list and map of burials. The original link disappeared but I found another one refering to the list:

https://www.pitlochryandmoulinheritagecentre.co.uk/genealogy

As James being my 5th great grandpa and his brother John being your line we are 6th grade cousin. How exciting!
I am happy to share my tree up to James if you want to email me: marc.campbell@mac.com

Regards
Marc

Offline marc108

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 13 December 20 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Sorry one correction to above /3:

"See attached christening records of their children with James being 2nd born male.
Actually it turned out that the baptism records show James and Jannet as twins."

Offline moo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 13 December 20 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Good Evening Marc,

Looking forward to sharing research with you, I have sent an email to you.

Regards
Moo