Author Topic: GREATBANKS有ancashire/Greater Manchester  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Yvie Tree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
GREATBANKS有ancashire/Greater Manchester
« on: Saturday 15 October 16 13:20 BST (UK) »
Just came across the surname GREATBANKS linked to a George RICHARDSON relative in the Eccles/Salford area on a death certificate in 1969.
Not heard of this name before, and also unsure of who the GREATBANKS person is.
Reads as P (possibly Pauline?) Greatbanks.

Thanks  :)
Johnson - Richardson - Grundy - Horrocks - Hickson - Gabbott - Doughty - Wrench - Wallace - Galloway - Dunbar - Reilly - Butler - Fahey - Lloyd - Davies

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GREATBANKS有ancashire/Greater Manchester
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 October 16 14:51 BST (UK) »
If you have a look for the surname Greatbanks on the Free BMD index with initial P* you may find something of interest.

Can't post any details if the people are still living  :)
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Yvie Tree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 October 16 14:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks Milliepede, been looking on Free BMD and the other ancestry sites, was hoping for a common thread from someone, but no substantial results that answer the multitude of questions...all a bit of a mystery, next step will be to get the certificates and see where they lead...
:)
Yvie
Johnson - Richardson - Grundy - Horrocks - Hickson - Gabbott - Doughty - Wrench - Wallace - Galloway - Dunbar - Reilly - Butler - Fahey - Lloyd - Davies

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 October 16 14:14 BST (UK) »
Does the Richardson/Greatbanks marriage not ring any bells?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Yvie Tree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 16 October 16 16:50 BST (UK) »
Does the Richardson/Greatbanks marriage not ring any bells?

Hello,

It doesn't unfortunately, simply because my grandfather (George Richardson Jr) left home at aged 14 (in 1940) and became estranged from his father (George Richardson Sr). My grandfather refused to discuss him with his children and his parents also separated at some point around/after the war.

Very little is known about George Richardson Sr, in fact, the only confirmed record of him is the 1939 register...after that, no one in the family knows what happened to him.

This death certificate discovery has become the sole link to him post-1939...and it has simply added more questions than answers, especially if he had more children

Establishing this Richardson link is puzzling because of P. Greatbanks saying she is his daughter on the death register....coupled with a marriage index stating a Greatbanks married a Richardson or Phillips (could be a born-out-of-wedlock issue?).

There isn't a clear trail of marriages and birth certificates to follow. It seems Greatbanks could be a new family line...but at the moment it's still conjecture. Would be great to have some concrete Richardson/Greatbanks links to work with...

:-\

Thanks
Yvie  :)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 16 October 16 18:12 BST (UK) »
Perhaps the marriage certificate would help.
It is difficult though, I can see that. Are you thinking or now know that Pauline is step/half sister to your grandfather.

Offline Yvie Tree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 16 October 16 18:33 BST (UK) »
Perhaps the marriage certificate would help.
It is difficult though, I can see that. Are you thinking or now know that Pauline is step/half sister to your grandfather.

I'm thinking that's the case...

...which would be the biggest discovery I could hand back to my Mum and her siblings...there are a lot of the siblings looking for some evidence of who he was, so finding something/someone to enlighten us all with information would be epic.

Next stop marriage certificate!
 :)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 16 October 16 18:43 BST (UK) »
I hope you find something useful.  :)