Author Topic: Come on Sidney, where are you?  (Read 469 times)

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Remember, no great adventure started with salad.
    • View Profile
Come on Sidney, where are you?
« on: Sunday 16 October 16 21:19 BST (UK) »
My great-grandfather Sidney Vincent Was born in Brundish, Suffolk in 1842 and died in Stockton-on-Tees in 1884. Since he was an iron puddler, his early death is not surprising! Now I have him in the 1851, 1871 and 1881 census but I can't find him anywhere in 1861. Can you?

His siblings mostly moved to East London and I have all the pieces of the jigsaw except for this one piece.

The family split after the death of Sidney's mother Charlotte in 1851 in Bradfield, Essex. Father George (b1804) was a journeyman miller as were some of his brothers. Some of them ended up briefly in the workhouse so all did not go well.

Will some kind soul put me out of my misery?

Thanks as always,
Malcolm

I'm not sure whether this should be posted in Suffolk, Essex or Durham but moderators are wise beyond their years and will put me right I'm sure!
Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Vincent: Fressingfield, Suffolk, Stockton & Sunderland.
Murtha/Murtaugh: Dundalk & Sunderland
Ingram: Cairnie by Huntly, Scotland then Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809
Kit uploaded to familytreedna.com B171041
Y-DNA R-M269 & mtDNA U5b1f

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
Re: Come on Sidney, where are you?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 October 16 21:45 BST (UK) »
George's daughter Mary Ann married in Islington in 1862 and it does not give George as deceased. Also daughter Eliza married in Islington in 1862.
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk