Author Topic: (*Completed with thanks*)1804 William Massey Will  (Read 477 times)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
(*Completed with thanks*)1804 William Massey Will
« on: Wednesday 19 October 16 18:28 BST (UK) »
I have no idea how to post a little bit of this Will - so would appreciate help!

The Will is of William Massey of Union Street, Old Artillery Ground, Middlesex, proved 30 Dec 1804 (which out of interest was also the day he was buried - they didn't hang around in those days did they!!)

Anyway, I have read most of it, but am stuck on the first name of "his daughter by a former wife" who is mentioned in the Will. I have all the other info I need  - it is just that one word!!!!!!  What was the name of this daughter? (She would be Step daughter to current wife Frances, step sister to other daughter, also Frances)

Thanks - either for telling me how to post that line of the Will (in very simple terms) , better still doing it for me, or having a go at deciphering the daughter's name.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1804 William Massey Will
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 October 16 18:44 BST (UK) »
I'd suggest Charlotte. For comparison of letter-forms, I've also attached the phrase Chattles and Credits from the probate clause of the previous will.

Offline craggagh

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 October 16 18:54 BST (UK) »
Hello -

Although the end of the word is fainter than the rest, I would agree - Charlotte.

craggagh.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 October 16 19:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you both SO much.

I can see Charlotte now you have suggested it, but it had really had me stumped.

Much appreciated - and thanks for putting up the cutting for me Bookbox. I enjoy seeing other peoples "snippets" and often have a go at deciphering them, but when I got stuck on one of my own I found I hadn't a clue how to get it into a Rootschat thread!!

Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk