Author Topic: Help identifying WWII uniform  (Read 3509 times)

Offline v i c k y

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Help identifying WWII uniform
« on: Sunday 24 July 05 16:41 BST (UK) »
As I've come to realise that this is the board where all the experts seem to be ;) can anyone tell me anything at all about this picture, please?

Canada? ???

I don't have a name, but there is a number if it means anything. It was sent to me by a distant cousin in Canada, scanned from her "old photos" collection. She thought he might be related to our shared family, but it could be her Canadian side and have nothing whatsoever to do with me. Would be nice to be able to tell her for sure, though.

Looking forward to your suggestions. I know you'll know the answer! :P

Best wishes,
Vicky
Barrington, Westerman (originally from Hannover), Long (originally from Prussia), Lorymore, Flyng, Porter - all Bristol, Gloucestershire.
Grimes - Bridgwater, Somerset.
Lamb - Poplar, Essex, Hither Green, Kent.
Dwan, Turner, Cole, Carter, Walker, Kay, Hughes, Maplesden - all St Olaves/Bermondsey/Rotherhithe/Southwark/Stepney/Lambeth/Wandsworth.

Offline peterpiper

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Help identifying WWII uniform
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 July 05 07:19 BST (UK) »
Vicky,  No expert, but the shoulder badge looks like the "Royal Canadian Artillery"
will be worth checking this site  http://www.canadiansoldiers.com   scroll down the left-hand frame and look for the unit insignia, slip-on titles and metal titles
hope this helps,
peter
O'Brien, Staffs & Ireland: Jarvis, Gorman,W.Yorks.& Mars
Hatto, Yorks & Berks. Thomas, Derbs. & Yorks.

Offline v i c k y

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Help identifying WWII uniform
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 July 05 18:55 BST (UK) »
That does help, Peter, thank you. Will have a good look at the site you mentioned. :)

All the best,
Vicky
Barrington, Westerman (originally from Hannover), Long (originally from Prussia), Lorymore, Flyng, Porter - all Bristol, Gloucestershire.
Grimes - Bridgwater, Somerset.
Lamb - Poplar, Essex, Hither Green, Kent.
Dwan, Turner, Cole, Carter, Walker, Kay, Hughes, Maplesden - all St Olaves/Bermondsey/Rotherhithe/Southwark/Stepney/Lambeth/Wandsworth.