Author Topic: Worcester Records  (Read 747 times)

Offline james2415

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Worcester Records
« on: Wednesday 26 October 16 15:41 BST (UK) »
I know it is a long shot but I am trying to trace SAMUEL CHERRY spouse Sarah.  I have no other information only that the first of their 9 children Mary was born c.1745 at Worcester St.Nicholas.  Any information would be appreciated.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
Re: Worcester Records
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 October 16 11:37 BST (UK) »
Hi James

I like a challenge & will try to find what I can for you on my next visit to Worcestershire in DEC/JAN when I pay a weekly visit to the HIVE where all the parish register films are kept now - I should get there 6 times during my Christmas holiday & the first thing I shall look at is the Grooms marriage index in the hope that Samuel Cherry is mentioned in it - if not I shall search the registers for St Nicholas & hope that the marriage took place there & if it did I will try to gather as much info as I can but I can only find the info if its ben recorded so don't bank on it.

All the very best

Phil
Weston-Super-Mare

ps I'll try to do my best for you
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline james2415

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 October 16 11:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much.  Any information will be appreciated.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 November 16 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi James

Think nothing of it Im only glad to try & help but please don't bank on me finding anything even though I will have a good look for you & if found will see if I can find anything else.  Its nice to have something to do only I have hit so many brick walls with my lot that its getting dam well monotonous  ???

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 December 16 10:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi James

Re St Nicholas look up I promised to do for you

I searched the film of parish registers 3 times to make certain of the result
Baptisms start of 1735 -end of 1761
Marriages 1725 - 1752

I regret that this is all that I could find for Cherry
20OCT1747 Edward s/o Samuel/Sarah Cherry
20JAN1749 Sarah d/o        "     /   "          "

I may have time when on a future holiday to search more Worcester parishes for you but St Nicholas only has the 2 above & if theyre not mentioned in the register I cant find them.  I firstly looked at the marriage index volume that would cover the date of marriage but no names for Cherry are in that volume, that doesn't mean they weren't married as a lot of marriages are not in the index's.  Ive not given up on this look up but bear with me please

All the very best

Phil  :)
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline james2415

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 22 December 16 11:06 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much I really appreciate your efforts.  Maybe one day I will find something.

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 23 December 16 10:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi James

I may try & find the time during this holiday to search the parishes contiguous to St Nicholas in the hope of your Cherry family being in one of them, as I Said I'd not given upon your look up & look on it as a challenge. I've been doing his hobby seriously for for almost 23 years now & honestly hate letting anyone down so keep your fingers crossed

All the very best

Phil  :)
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 18 January 17 09:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi James

Yesterday I searched all the Worcester parishes contiguous to St Nicholas but have yet to find an entry for the marriage of Samuel Cherry & Sarah but Ihope to try & extend my search next week on the last day of my holiday so wish me luck

All the very best

Phil
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell