Author Topic: Tees Valley Indexes  (Read 780 times)

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tees Valley Indexes
« on: Wednesday 02 November 16 10:57 GMT (UK) »
Have been searching for someone's birth on the above at Hartlepool and found them but the reference number defeats me. It's H-F-2-0-334 and there doesn't seem to be a list for what these references mean for births?
CR
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tees Valley Indexes
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Ask the staff at Hartlepool, I suggest. It may be their  own internal reference system.
Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Have been searching for someone's birth on the above at Hartlepool and found them but the reference number defeats me. It's H-F-2-0-334 and there doesn't seem to be a list for what these references mean for births?
CR

Local Registrars references are a totally different system to the (combined) GRO ones, and each local registrar will have their own unique set of references. A GRO ref is of no help to a local registrar to find the entry and make a copy for you and vice versa.

From other local registrars sites, I'd guess that the reference gives them the information to find the  entry by Register Book, page and entry number within their system.

Boo

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 November 16 15:48 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for your insight.
CR
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.