Author Topic: Cremen/Cremen  (Read 5168 times)

Offline esp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Cremen/Cremen
« on: Sunday 24 July 05 19:25 BST (UK) »
Hi

Any lookups please............... 

Can anyone out there throw any light on DENIS CREMEM/CREMIN (occ. Divers tender/laborour)

He married ANNIE O'KEEFFE, they both lived at Castle Lodge, Blackrock Castle, Cork, Eire, at the time of one of their daughter's - (Eileen) wedding in 1910 (this wedding took place in England)

Denis and Annie could have been married C.1880 ??   Possibly Denis's dob c.1855 ??

Denis and Annie had several children - Nan, Rita, Paddy, Mary, Teddy, Eileen, Miah, Mickey, David and Bridie to name but a few.....!

Any lead would be most welcome!

Thank you so much.   esp

Offline anndrea

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cremen/Cremen
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 March 06 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello

By chance I was looking up my grandfathers name on the internet and came across your email on Rootschat.com, your email message was looking for information on the Cremen family from Blackrock in Cork.  Your email was posted last July and it is now March 2006 so by now you may have found the information that you were looking for.  In case you havent though, my name is Anndrea and my grandfather was Miah Cremen, son of Dennis and Annie and brother to another 12 brothers and sisters.
If you are still looking than please feel free to contact me.
regards

Anndrea Smith

Offline esp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cremin/Cremen
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 March 06 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anndrea

I knew I shouldn't give up hope at finding someone out there.  Thanks for getting in touch.   I am in contact with several members of your extended family but no-one from  Miah's branch, so this is great news.   

I'm doing the Cremin/Cremen family tree and have gone back as far as John Cremen, Denis Cremens father.

I met up with ** Cremin (son of your grandfathers brother Ted) in Ireland last September.

I am married to ** son of Eileen(Nellie) Cremen - another sibling of your grandfather.   We live in England.

I would love to correspond with you.  I need to add Miah's children and your generation too

Best wishes Lynda

Moderator comment: names of living people removed in accordance with Rootschat policy - to protect their privacy and prvent identity theft.  Please pass personal info by Personal Message

Offline anndrea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 March 06 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynda

Wow, how spooky is is that I should happen upon you while doing a simple google search.

I too am living in england, I moved over here 2 years ago.  I am living in Brighton with my boyfriend.

I try to get back to Cork as often as I can, to see  my uncle and  my aunt, both Miahs kids, my mum unfortunately died two years ago, although she had been living in Wexford with my stepfather and my sister.

I know **, I met him a couple of times, the cremen family is so large you never know if someone you pass on the street could be related to you.

I think it is great you are doing the family tree, I often talked with Gagi (my pet name for Miah) about his family, I was always fascinated because there was so many of them.  I have our part of the family tree all written down somewhere on a scrap of paper, I went through it all with gagi and my nan, it would take a bit to find but I am sure I can root it out.

I lived with them for the majority of my life and was living with gagi for the 4 years after my nan died, until he passed away in 2002.

Any questions you have just ask and i will try to answer them as best I can.

I look forward to hearing back from you and Happy St Patricks Day!

Anndrea

Offline esp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 18 March 06 08:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Really spooky and all around St. Patrick's Day !!   It's great to be in touch - I have loads of information on the vast Cremin Clan.

Did Gagi have another daughter **?  Would this have been your mother ?

I have a wonderful picture of the Cremin's outside Blackrock Castle in about 1922 (your grandfather included)  I'll send it to you if you would like to send me your e-mail address!

Speak soon   Lynda

Offline anndrea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 18 March 06 22:49 GMT (UK) »
hi Lynda

Yes my mum was Gagi  and nans first daughter, than they had ** and than ** who was the baby!

I would love to see the picture you have, i have a couple as well, as soon as I figure  out how to send them on line, I will forward them onto you.

Where are you living in the UK?  you mentioned you are married to **, do you guys have kids?  Are you in touch with any more of the cremen clan?

If you dont mind me asking what has inspired you to do the family tree and find out more about the cremens?

my email address is Moderator comment: email address removed to prevent spamming and other abuses - please pass personal information via the Personal Message system, which is there to protect your privacy and works brilliantly!
speak soon

Anndrea

Offline Frugz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 29 July 11 23:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Anndrea.....are you still researching the Cremens. I have just found this link and would like to explore if there is a link between yours and mine. Kathleen Cremen (nee Hudson)who was the widow of Dennis was my fathers aunt.  If you would be interested to collaborate please get in touch.

Frank
Moloney, Hudson, Peyton, Ireson, Travelling Circuses in Ireland 1900 onwards particularly Heckenbergs Berlin Tower Circus, Duffys, Fossetts

Offline moiker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 10 February 14 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have the Cremen/Hudson family in my tree from Co Cork . I am interested in any info about the circus history involving the Hudsons especially my Great grandfather Samuel Hudson b 1856 (an Acrobat) and my grandfather John Joseph Hudson b 1911 (Travelling showman).
Also Samuel Hudsons second marriage to Rose ? my great grandmother I do not have a surname for her.There daughter kathleen Hudson married Denis Cremen from Blackrock Co Cork as far as i know and there children moved to England afterwards.

Any info would be great.

Regards

Mike

Offline David Clinch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 19 January 21 14:28 GMT (UK) »
I would be very interested in seeing that photograph of the Cremin/Cremen family outside Castle Lodge at Blackrock Castle. My grandfather, John Cremin, moved from Cork to Dagenham to work for Ford around that time and I would be interested to see if he is in the picture. Thanks

David Clinch