Author Topic: Marriage of Mary TAYLOR  (Read 4123 times)

Offline ctrunfree

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Mary TAYLOR
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jomot and Annie

The additional information you've flagged suggests we are back to looking for a missing sister for Job.

Annie- I've checked with my better half, who says that by the 'rules' in her family Thomas and Job would be B-I-Ls!  :)
NEAL, TAYLOR, WRIGHT, BIDWELL, PRICE, YEARDLEY, RODGERS, HANDLEY, ELLIS, LOWE, HOUGH, ANNABLE, DAWSON, SANDERSON, PARKIN

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • HOLYLAND regd with guild of one name studies
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 20:42 GMT (UK) »

Kirky Mallory 5 March 1816 by Banns
Mary Taylor of Earl Shilton to John Lynes of Earl Shilton

Kirky Mallory 18 September 1817 by Banns
Mary Taylor of Earl Shilton to Thomas Queenborough of Earl Shilton

Kirky Mallory 11 May 1818 by Banns
Mary Taylor of Earl Shilton to James Toseland of Earl Shilton

Kirky Mallory 25 May 1820 by Banns
Mary Taylor of Earl Shilton to Thomas Maccartney of Earl Shilton.

Bunnygirl

Thought I'd try to match up Mary from Earl Shilton with Bunnygirl's post. Looking t 1851, Mary Queenborough is in Earl Shilton with husband Thomas and her yob was around 1782. This yob is the same for her in 1861. So she's a possible for Job's daughter Mary.

In 1861 I can see Mary and John Lynes (Lines) but Mary's yob suggested as 1804 (so either it's not the right Mary or the age is wrong or she was extremely young when she married!)
Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Anywhere and everywhere, also Holiland Holliland Hollyland)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Westmorland, Cheshire/Leicester)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Obviously connected to the dispute over the will, but I wonder if this would provide any more information about John Baillie & Eleanor?

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C9087688

Also wondered if this could be a possibility for him as it also mentions the Royal Artillery and transferring to the Gunners & Drivers (in 1802 Job transferred from the Royal Horse Artillery to the Gunners & Drivers):

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C14451093
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline ctrunfree

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 21:28 GMT (UK) »
Obviously connected to the dispute over the will, but I wonder if this would provide any more information about John Baillie & Eleanor?

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C9087688

Also wondered if this could be a possibility for him as it also mentions the Royal Artillery and transferring to the Gunners & Drivers (in 1802 Job transferred from the Royal Horse Artillery to the Gunners & Drivers):

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C14451093

Well done you!

I think it's very feasible that John Baillie was a fellow soldier in the Artillery.  (Although googling Gerbles in L(a)narkshire only gives me lots of interesting offers to buy small hamster like creatures from people in Scotland. :)

I'm planning to go to the State Library of Victoria today so will see if this WO record is available there
NEAL, TAYLOR, WRIGHT, BIDWELL, PRICE, YEARDLEY, RODGERS, HANDLEY, ELLIS, LOWE, HOUGH, ANNABLE, DAWSON, SANDERSON, PARKIN

Offline ctrunfree

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 21:30 GMT (UK) »

Kirky Mallory 5 March 1816 by Banns
Mary Taylor of Earl Shilton to John Lynes of Earl Shilton

Kirky Mallory 18 September 1817 by Banns
Mary Taylor of Earl Shilton to Thomas Queenborough of Earl Shilton

Kirky Mallory 11 May 1818 by Banns
Mary Taylor of Earl Shilton to James Toseland of Earl Shilton

Kirky Mallory 25 May 1820 by Banns
Mary Taylor of Earl Shilton to Thomas Maccartney of Earl Shilton.

Bunnygirl

Thought I'd try to match up Mary from Earl Shilton with Bunnygirl's post. Looking t 1851, Mary Queenborough is in Earl Shilton with husband Thomas and her yob was around 1782. This yob is the same for her in 1861. So she's a possible for Job's daughter Mary.

In 1861 I can see Mary and John Lynes (Lines) but Mary's yob suggested as 1804 (so either it's not the right Mary or the age is wrong or she was extremely young when she married!)

Thanks Annie!  I take it there's no sign of the people in the other two marriages by 1851.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 21:31 GMT (UK) »
googling Gerbles in L(a)narkshire only gives me lots of interesting offers to buy small hamster like creatures from people in Scotland. :)

That made me quite literally laugh out loud !  ;D ;D ;D

MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • HOLYLAND regd with guild of one name studies
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 22:01 GMT (UK) »
I suspect you might have more luck with Gorbals   8)

ps Good find Jomot!
Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Anywhere and everywhere, also Holiland Holliland Hollyland)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Westmorland, Cheshire/Leicester)

Offline ctrunfree

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 09 November 16 01:31 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately the State Library of Victoria holdings of WO records only covers Regiments which came to Australia, and only for their periods of service here, which I suppose makes sense.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 09 November 16 02:44 GMT (UK) »
The Chancery record may state where John & Eleanor were living in 1815, which may in turn provide a clue as to where they married, but as its the Bill only I'm not sure to what extent those details are included as I've never ordered one.  I'm sure others will have though so its worth asking for advice.