Author Topic: Marriage of Mary TAYLOR  (Read 2713 times)

Offline ctrunfree

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Mary TAYLOR
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 09 November 16 05:56 GMT (UK) »
I just went to my option of last resort: other people's trees on Ancestry.  Someone there has Eleanor married to John BAILLIE, with  births in Marleybone, Middlesex.  There are two children born to John and Eleanor BAILLIE there in 1812 and 1816.

Job's brother Richard was at one point in the East Middlesex Militia, so maybe there's a family link to the area?
NEAL, TAYLOR, WRIGHT, BIDWELL, PRICE, YEARDLEY, RODGERS, HANDLEY, ELLIS, LOWE, HOUGH, ANNABLE, DAWSON, SANDERSON, PARKIN

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • HOLYLAND regd with guild of one name studies
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 09 November 16 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Since John Baillie seems to have been from Scotland, I wonder if it's worth asking on the Scottish board to see if there's any trace of John and Eleanor in the 1841/51 censuses?
Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Anywhere and everywhere, also Holiland Holliland Hollyland)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Westmorland, Cheshire/Leicester)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 09 November 16 13:26 GMT (UK) »
I just went to my option of last resort: other people's trees on Ancestry.  Someone there has Eleanor married to John BAILLIE, with a birth in Marleybone, Middlesex in 1791.  They do have "guess" next to the entry however!  There are two children born to John and Eleanor BAILLIE there in 1812 and 1816, however.

Including Job Taylor Baillie born 4 Dec 1811 & baptised 17 May 1812, which would seem pretty conclusive!  On Eleanor's baptism John Baillie is described as a Victualler.

There is another John Baillie baptising in St Marylebone around the same time though & married to Elizabeth Jarrett Baillie - their daughter Rosa was baptised 13 Oct 1815.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham. North Yorkshire.  JACKSON: East Yorks, North Yorks, Durham. TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 09 November 16 13:38 GMT (UK) »
Well it looks like Job Taylor Baillie stayed in the London area until at least 1830:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01itt/
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham. North Yorkshire.  JACKSON: East Yorks, North Yorks, Durham. TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline ctrunfree

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 10 November 16 05:58 GMT (UK) »
Oh no!  Another miscreant in the family (he's got company!)

Surely these can't all be the same man

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01iu4/

Some more thoughts on Mary.  My initial thoughts regarding Job jnr's will (written in Nov 1812, which mentioned and left money to his sister Eleanor, but not Mary) was that maybe Mary was married (and therefore provided for) and Eleanor was not.  But if Eleanor and John are having children in late 1811, that theory doesn't hold water.  Was Mary already dead, perhaps?
NEAL, TAYLOR, WRIGHT, BIDWELL, PRICE, YEARDLEY, RODGERS, HANDLEY, ELLIS, LOWE, HOUGH, ANNABLE, DAWSON, SANDERSON, PARKIN

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 10 November 16 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Oh no!  Another miscreant in the family

Ah, but he said he didn't do it  ;D ;D ;D

Offline SianM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 31 July 19 10:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Ctunfree
Working my way through this post with interest.  If my research is correct, Job Taylor is my 5th GDad! Not entirely sure my tree is correct though.  Alice Maud Swinfield is definitely my GMa, her parents were Hannah Queensborough and Charles Swinfield.  Charles mother Mary Swinfield appears to have 4 illegitimate kids (Charles, Jane, Eliza & Sarah) plus 2 with a chap called George Moore.  She also appears to have been married to a John Foster, but I digress.  I am a bit confused over Hannah as I have her as the daughter of Michael Queensborough and "Elizabeth", yet others suggest she wasn't Michaels daughter.  I have Michael as the son of Mary Taylor (b.1782 in Earl Shilton) and Thomas Queenborough (b.1783).  Sorting out this branch is my challenge for the next 6 months!
Cheers and all the best Sian (nee Bowler)