Author Topic: Mace/Maese family of Great Gransden  (Read 1261 times)

Offline sophiefrancis

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mace/Maese family of Great Gransden
« on: Monday 07 November 16 21:56 GMT (UK) »
I've recently started researching my mother's family and have hit a wall on her father's side when I got to to Mace/Maese family.

My 7th great-grandmother Lydia Mace was baptised on 9 Apr 1727 in Great Gransden, Huntingdonshire and married James Filsell (b. 1730) on 11 October 1756 in Papworth St Agnes, Cambridgeshire. She died on 17 September 1803 in Bedfordshire. Her parents were William Mace (b. 1693 in Great Gransden d. 1729 in Great Gransden) and Ann Gad (b. 1692 in Great Gransden) who married on 20 Nov 1716 and had 5 children (William, Elizabeth, John, Anne + Lydia).

While I am having great success with Ann's family (even finding connections to royalty!),  I am struggling to find any information on William's parents or any further back. If anyone has been researching the same family and any information to help me out a bit it would be greatly appreciated (:

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mace/Maese family of Great Gransden
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 12:06 GMT (UK) »
As you have a date and place for William's baptism, does that not parents names? 

If you haven't seen the baptism, then where did the 1693, Great Gransden come from for his birth?
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mace/Maese family of Great Gransden
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 13:43 GMT (UK) »
There was a William Mace in 1691, just ove the border in Papworth Everard. It doesn't give the parents but two earlier children were born to Thomas and Lydia. A Thomas and Lydia Barret married in Elsworth in 1683.

Because William and Ann gave the name of Lydia to one of the children, there might be a link.

David