Author Topic: ARGENT Essex  (Read 338 times)

Offline kdg

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ARGENT Essex
« on: Tuesday 08 November 16 15:46 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find information on Charles (John Charles) ARGENT. According to his military records, he was born in Bumstead Essex in 1795. He served in the 9th Foot Regiment from 1813 until 1836, when he retired in Mauritius, living there until his death. I have not been able to find any reference to this person in parish records as regards his birth/baptism date, parents etc. He married Victoire DUSSARD, possibly in the West Indies, where his regiment was stationed for just over 7 years. However, I have come across a marriage between a John Charles ARGENT & Victoire DUSAUX(?) recorded in Chilcomb Hampshire on 31/1/1819. Charles ARGENT's regiment was in Winchester around that date & Winchester is only 3 miles from Chilcomb. The names seem very similar & spelling errors are not unusual in parish records. I should appreciate any information on this person or ARGENT's living in the Bumstead region of Essex

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.