Author Topic: FLANAGAN OF TULLAMORE  (Read 4307 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: FLANAGAN OF TULLAMORE
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 November 16 15:06 GMT (UK) »

In answer to my problem with the website when I first went on there with this forums guidance I found out a lot of info. Trying after a few days to find out more the website kept asking me to tick if I was a robot and then I went through the picture questions. Is there a limit to the number of searches that a person can make?
No limit, the rigmarole to get to the results is always changing. Sometimes just the tick, sometime the tick and images, sometimesthe tick and  two sets of images, tiresome but hey it's free and 100% better than having to order and wait.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 November 16 15:11 GMT (UK) »
I find after about 3 to 5 minutes i have to go through the same rigmarole and sometimes when i change a name i get no results so i just have to go back and click on civic records and start a new search which seems to refresh it.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 November 16 16:37 GMT (UK) »
The filter seems to get clogged up sometimes and you get no result, starting a new search seems to clear it.

Another thing I find, you are looking at an image, click the back button to get back to the results page and the robot thingy comes up but if you submit that it will just keep bringing you back to the image, you have to click the back button when the robot thingy comes up rather than submit it to get to the results.

Offline maryphil

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 09 November 16 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Thank-you so much for all your advice
Mary

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 09 November 16 17:57 GMT (UK) »
Using the census and later birth records shows these children so far. To find more you'll need to search through Flanagans born in Tullamore on Irish Genealogy site.

William Flanagan (c1861-aft.1909) m.(1889) Mary Butler (c1869). Marriage gives him born c1868 and her as c1869.
Possible death for William Flanagan, labourer in Tullamore- https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details-civil/987f3b8746957
1.   Patrick Flanagan (c1890-aft.1911)
2.   James Flanagan (c1892-aft.1901)
3.   Margaret Flanagan (c1895-aft.1911)
4.   Mary Flanagan (c1903-aft.1911)
5.   Anne Flanagan (1904)
6.   William Flanagan (1909)
7.   Catherine Flanagan (1913)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 09 November 16 18:50 GMT (UK) »
I find after about 3 to 5 minutes i have to go through the same rigmarole and sometimes when i change a name i get no results so i just have to go back and click on civic records and start a new search which seems to refresh it.

...and that IS a pain!!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.