Author Topic: elizabeth reardon burial  (Read 1201 times)

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
elizabeth reardon burial
« on: Wednesday 09 November 16 20:48 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to find my 2ND great grandmothers burial record.Her name was Elizabeth Ann reardon died 24 may 1901 aged 48yrs old. last place she was living was ballens whalf penzanze i think this could be in the parish of st Marys

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: elizabeth reardon burial
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 November 16 22:29 GMT (UK) »
the only death reg I can find is
FreeBMD
Elizabeth Ann Reardon
birth abt 1848
Death reg Jun qtr 1901
age 53
Penzance
5c 166

what looks like this Elizabeth Ann appears on 1901 census living at 4 Sandy Bank Penzance (St marys) and she is living at Sandy Bank in 1881

Is this the correct person??? Do you have her age wrong??

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 November 16 05:18 GMT (UK) »
she was born 25 Feb 1853 in Paul. i have her birth and death certificates - maiden name Hughes

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 November 16 11:07 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to find my 2ND great grandmothers burial record.Her name was Elizabeth Ann reardon died 24 may 1901 aged 48yrs old. last place she was living was ballens whalf penzanze i think this could be in the parish of st Marys

you stated her age was 48 at death - giving a birth year of c.1853 which matches her birth cert - where can we find her death registration? the Elizabeth who died Jun qtr 1901 age is given as 53 - giving y.o.b. c.1848

Is she living at Ballens Wharf on 1901 census???
The Elizabeth who matches the information you gave is living at Sandy bank???

the 1901 census was taken 31 mar so she must have moved less than 2 months before her death ? Or is Ballens Wharf the place where she died???

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 10 November 16 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Hii
    This is the place I have on her death certificate.she was married to Henry reardon also I think her mother is on the 1891 census living with her and the family don't know what happened to the mother

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 10 November 16 11:50 GMT (UK) »
I manage to find Elizabeth's death certificate and I'm sorry to say i have her death age wrong it shows 53 yrs old not 48.I also have her marriage certificate she was 21yrs old when she married Henry reardon in 1873 Skewen  s.wales. her father was thomas hughes a labourer. so it looks like i may have the wrong birth certificate for her.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 11 November 16 21:09 GMT (UK) »
you may have the correct certificate - the age on death certificate is the age the informant would have given - maybe the informant wasn't certain of her age .

Possibly Pallens Wharf is the place where she died -she could have been visiting at the time ??
on census 1901 Elizabeth A is 45  1891 it is 34 1881 is 26

marriage reg 1873 gives her name as Elizabeth Anne Hughes

husband Henry is not at home in 1891 or  1901
the familty were living at 2 Sandy Bank in 1881 & 1891 and at 4 Sandy Bank in 1901

Mother Elizabeth A Hughes is with Elizabeth A and family in 1891 & 1901 - she gives p.o.b. as St Just
here's a complication in 1891 she is a widow age 75 yet in 1901 she is a widow age 74!!!!

Could you give more information from the death cert you have - who was informant??

Suz

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 11 November 16 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi
    The informant was her husband Henry

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 11 November 16 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Looks like you have the correct Elizabeth A - he probably wasn't sure of her age

wonder if the address she died at was that of one of her children?? -just guessing

I have been trying to find mother to see if I can pin her age down
I think this is her on earlier census - she seems to be named Hugh -but her daughters registered as Hughes and she is Hughes in 1891/1901

3 Alexandra Rd Cottages Penzance
Elizabeth Hugh Head widow 60 General Servant St Just Cornwall
Elizabeth E Rearden Granddaughter 8 neath Wales (Henry & Elizabeth's daughter)
RG1 2347 25 43

3 Alexandra Rd Penzance
Elizabeth Hugh Head widow 45 St Just Cornwall
Ellen Hugh daughter 11 scholar Madron Cornwall
RG10 2341 69 44

11 Bottom of Queen St Penzance
Elizabeth Hugh Head Widow 38 St Just Cornwall
Elizabeth daughter 7 Paul Cornwall (think this is Elizabeth A who married henry Reardon)
Ellen daughter 1 Penzance
RG9 1595 11 16

it seems daughter Ellen moved to London?

1881 Ellen Hughes is Parlour maid to the Rector of Acton at the Rectory Horn lane Acton Middlesex
RG11 1353 102 22

1891 -although age is a little out I think she is in Westminster London as parlourmaid to Adam S Kettelwell occ Shipbroker
RG12 83 44 41

just trying to find if maybe Elizabeth the mother went to live with Ellen??

Suz