Author Topic: Why was Regina Mary in South Africa?  (Read 6882 times)

Offline WarBrideDaughter

• No PM
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Why was Regina Mary in South Africa?
« Reply #54 on: Monday 25 September 17 12:05 BST (UK) »
I would like to know who the friend of the friend is and how they are related to my grandmother and great grandmother. If they are related to me, I would consider sharing what I know to be true with them privately. I would also like to let you know that I am quite frankly shocked at some of the speculation that has gone on on this thread. If you put yourself in my shoes for one minute and think about how it would feel to have total strangers speculating about YOUR grandmother's legitimacy, I am sure you will understand how I feel.

Offline WarBrideDaughter

• No PM
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Why was Regina Mary in South Africa?
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 25 October 17 02:10 BST (UK) »
So I've now been able to determine that the person behind these inquiries about my grandmother and my great grandmother is in fact (*). (*)is my second cousin 1 x removed. I would like it to be known that I in fact initiated contact with (*) in May 2016 with information about our shared great grandmother and my message to her was offering to share information with her. I never received a response from her. I nevertheless followed up with another polite and informative message in Oct. 2016 with more information about George (was Bell) Burgess.  Again, I received no response. Now I find this thread which is clearly in response to my messages to said (*) and which led to someone named (*) (Greensleeves) asking (*) (Groom) to help her to find out why my great grandmother went to South Africa. If (*) wants to contact me, I'm open to being contacted.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.