Author Topic: Absolutely can not find a birth index!!!!!  (Read 6254 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Absolutely can not find a birth index!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 10 November 16 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately I don't, they married in Russia so haven't been able to find it! :)
I suggest a post on the 'Other Countries' board putting Russia Births in the title with ball park years - you have a few children's names & rough years of birth; someone with access to Russia records may be able to help find their births & maybe the parents' marriage.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 10 November 16 18:31 GMT (UK) »
This birth fits was a 7 year old Barnett Honickberg on the 1911 census at 15 Cannon St Road, St George in the East.

OK so that's a non-starter. Well found.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 10 November 16 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Ok. so what about this one

Mar 1904
Ehren    Barnet         St. Geo. East    1c   344

and from the GRO search

EHREN, BARNET        FECHMAN
GRO Reference: 1904  M Quarter in ST. GEORGE-IN-THE-EAST  Volume 01C  Page 344
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 10 November 16 18:33 GMT (UK) »
Going great guns, dawn...

Offline JayG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 10 November 16 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Was just going to post that one too Dawn!

MMN seems a good match.  Wonder if the 'Isee' shouldn't be there in the new index .... I see Fichman?!

Jay

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 10 November 16 18:41 GMT (UK) »
I thought that too, Jay, you can imagine the scene at transcription time - 'what do you make that name to be?'  should have posted it on our deciphering board   ;D experts that we are.

Off to keep fit now, but will have a look in later [also at the new thread on Other Countries board].

Offline .Martha.

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 10 November 16 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dawn, Josey and Jay!

Wow!!! Thank you very much for the reference, sounds like it is him and is too close to not order to check!!! I have ordered it and will let you know the result   :D :D
Thank you again!!!!!!

Martha

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 11 November 16 09:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dawn, Josey and Jay!

Wow!!! Thank you very much for the reference, sounds like it is him and is too close to not order to check!!! I have ordered it and will let you know the result   :D :D
Thank you again!!!!!!   Martha

I hope you have been able to take advantage of the current £6 PDF from the GRO offer ??  ;)
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline .Martha.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 19 November 16 16:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dawn, Josey and Jay!

Thank you again!!!!!!   Martha

I hope you have been able to take advantage of the current £6 PDF from the GRO offer ??  ;)

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I did get the PDF and am fairly certain it is him as the names are right! It has thrown up more mysteries now as their residence is 68 Morgan Buildings in London, but I believe the father would have been in Wales with the other children. The signature of the father is given as his mark, but I'm not entirely convinced he made it.... (I can post a copy if anyone's interested!)

Thank you again,
Martha :)