Author Topic: Lane family History  (Read 649 times)

Offline TonyLane

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lane family History
« on: Wednesday 16 November 16 01:31 GMT (UK) »
Wanting to make contact with descendants of Denis and (Jo)Hannah Lane, nee Burke. Their children were recorded at House 1 Knockannagore, Castleisland in Irish Census 1901.
My grandfather, Denis (Dinny) Lane was a son to Denis and Johannah Lane. He migrated to Sydney Australia round 1910, married Margaret Gertrude (Liddy?) in 1917, Sydney. Denis' brother, Patrick, was a signed witness to the wedding.  He died round 1934 after a work accident at Port Kembla Steel Works, Wollongong, NSW, Aust.
I'm the grandson son of Denis (Dinny) lane.

Tony Lane
Vincentia, NSW, Aust.

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lane family History
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 November 16 04:51 GMT (UK) »
Can you please say what you know about the LANE family, and what you are now wanting to find?

"...... descendants of Denis and (Jo)Hannah Lane, nee Burke".
My grandfather, Denis (Dinny) LANE was a son to Denis and Johannah LANE
Denis LANE   m. Margaret Gertrude (Liddy?) in 1917, Sydney.

Denis' brother, Patrick, was a signed witness to the wedding. 
Patrick died round 1934....... Wollongong, NSW, Aust.

You know the sons and daughters of Denis and Margaret, and their families ie your aunts / uncles / cousins?  You do not need assistance with this family?

You know the children of Patrick LANE  d. 1934, and their marriages and children?
You do not need assistance with this family?

Are you looking for other children of your great grandparents, Denis and (Jo)Hannah LANE, nee BURKE, who might have migrated to Australia?

Offline KennedyJ

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Lane family History
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 December 18 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tony - it's Jenny your cousin here, Peggy's daughter - I think I can help you with some info regarding our Grandfather Denis Lane - I've been to Ireland a number of times as my brother Matt lived there for sometime, and during that time we visited Knocknagore in Castleisland, where our grandfather grew up - I think I've a lot of family history that you will find interesting, as I've not just been researching  Denis Lane's side but our grandmother's as well  Margaret (Maggie) Lane nee Quirk

Hope all is well with you

Jenny