Author Topic: Baronville  (Read 5715 times)

Offline carthy2015

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Baronville
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 26 November 16 22:32 GMT (UK) »
Id say that might be the problem there is no records online for northern ireland for that time period

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 26 November 16 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Thomas peacock ithink was her first marriage she had a son born in 1932. And another son in 1936 birth wasnt registered. She died in 1964 aged 54 years
This gives the impression you know the 1932 birth was registered, so why not but it.

I can't get any marriage result for Baronville or Baronvill on free search from 1920 to 1932
https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

Offline AMK10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 23:05 GMT (UK) »
 Hi I'm new to forum and joined when i spotted this chat.  Thomas George Peacocke who lived in Lumville House, Co Kildare was my grandfathers brother.  He was born in Limerick 10 June 1865 and died in Kildare in 1939.  His wife's name was Zoe and from what I know they had no children.  She died in Brighton in 1942.  Someone contacted me some years ago about children he might have had so maybe there is another story here ..

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 23:43 GMT (UK) »
He doesn't appear to be the Thomas Peacocke that married Maria Baronville that carthy2015 was looking for. Did he and Zoe marry in England, I don't see a marriage for them in Ireland?

Offline AMK10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 23 February 17 00:19 GMT (UK) »
I think she was born in Hong Kong but her family moved to London - can't recall family name but I'm sure it wasn't Baronville.  He qualified as a Veterinary surgeon in Edinburgh and served as a Veterinary Officer in the British Army  in India. I don't know too much about their life together.  He retired and moved back to Ireland and was involved in the Aga Khan setting up Stud Farm in Kildare.  It is possible he had a relationship with someone other than Zoe.

Offline RJAL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 10 April 17 18:16 BST (UK) »
Here is a link to Thom's Irish who's Who (1923) with an entry for a Thomas George Peacocke who married a Zoe McMurdo in 1903. Could  this be the same T.G. Peacocke who was married to Mary Teresa Ivy Baronvill?

http://www.archive.org/stream/thomsirishwhoswh00dubl#page/202/mode/2up

Offline AMK10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 10 April 17 19:41 BST (UK) »
HI,
That information in Thoms refers to Colonel TG Peacocke who was my father's uncle.  His wife was Zoe and they had no children in so far as our family was aware. I met my cousins recently and they never heard he had children / he was still married to Zoe when he died in 1939.  She was his beneficiary in his will and she died in 1942.
 I tried to see further information regarding Marie Theresa Martin's death in Dublin - her death cert doesn't give anything other than that she died from Natural Causes (even though only she died at quite an early age in 1964) / registered in Dr Stevens hospital / no other information.  I asked the Registry to check further but heard nothing back.  I've received no reply from the Cleere end of original query so no progress...

Offline RJAL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 17:15 BST (UK) »
Hi , I found another death cert (dated 24 Nov 1964) for a Mary Martin in St Laurence's Hospital

(https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1964/04257/4092883.pdf

and one  (dated 28 Sept 1949)  for a Thomas Martin

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1949/04541/4197627.pdf

The address for both at time of their deaths was 29 Lr. Clanbrassil St, Dublin

Offline AMK10

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 20:34 BST (UK) »
Hi
I think you're right.  The death i was looking at was for a Marie Teresa Martin (D. 25.6.1964) and it should be Mary.  The Thomas Martin at address in Clanbrassil street was a tailor as Thomas Martin who married Mary Teresa Ivy Baronvill.
Baronvill is an unusual name and i've looked for it but can't find anything relevant.  It is intriguing but I wonder is it a wild goose chase as Brendan or his friend never pursued it and I think I wasted time and effort as maybe you have.
Thanks again
cheers
Anne