Author Topic: Barbara Kay/McKie new info  (Read 845 times)

Offline quiffdo

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Barbara Kay/McKie new info
« on: Thursday 24 November 16 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone

My 4x Grt Grandmother Barbara Kay was born on the 7 June 1815 in Crossmichael. I purchased some credits on SP and checked her death cert and it confirmed that her parents were William Kay and Mary Johnstone.

Thank you to Joyful who spotted a birth on the IGI and put me on to the fact that the surname could well have been McKie and indeed that has proven to be the case.

William Kay/McKie was a stone mason.

Now I'm hoping you lovely people may be able to help me locate a marriage for the parents or help locate them on the census in the hope that there will be other family with them so I can learn more and perhaps take them back further.

Many thanks in advance

Danny Wilson
wilson,mckenna,rice,murphy,whelan,gerrity,walsh
gerraighty

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline quiffdo

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Barbara Kay/McKie new info
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 November 16 16:44 GMT (UK) »
I should also point out that Barbara married a gentleman named John Fletcher c1840 and I cannot seem to locate that marriage.

Danny
wilson,mckenna,rice,murphy,whelan,gerrity,walsh
gerraighty

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.