Author Topic: Searching for Jack Randle P/JX.182172  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Jack Randle P/JX.182172
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 29 November 16 19:43 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to identify Jack Randle (P/JX.182172) who received a Distinguished Service Medal in 1940 for helping with evacuations at Dunkirk aboard the H.M.S Llanthony.

Having reread your post,

I assume you are doing research of a sort as you have given no detail regarding any family connection?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline mtrimble

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 November 16 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I'm trying to identify Jack Randle (P/JX.182172) who received a Distinguished Service Medal in 1940 for helping with evacuations at Dunkirk aboard the H.M.S Llanthony.

I cannot request his service records because I am not next of kin. It's likely he is no longer living, but I haven't been able to figure out where/when he was born and died etc. Ultimately, I'm hoping to connect with his next of kin. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-records-of-deceased-service-personnel

If you scroll just beyond halfway down there are links for General Inquirer's Forms.

Also, this link will help you understand the JX+numbers bit: http://www.godfreydykes.info/ROYAL%20NAVY%20OFFICIAL%20NUMBERS%20[RATINGS].htm

RRTB

Thanks so much RRTB. Unfortunately, that form requires me to send a death certificate with the request unless the person died more than 116 years ago. That's why I'm sort of stuck.
.   Surely 25 years NOT. What you said

As I always like to say (humorously).  The Royal Navy waives the rules

Ha. If it's 116 years after death they will waive the death certificate requirement. 25 years still requires a death certificate.

Offline mtrimble

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 29 November 16 22:16 GMT (UK) »

Having reread your post,

I assume you are doing research of a sort as you have given no detail regarding any family connection?

Annie

Hi Annie,

Yes. I'm doing research for a documentary project about the evacuations at dunkirk.

Offline Jacks Number One Son

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 May 19 18:18 BST (UK) »
I am Jack Randle's son, we have previously communicated but unfortunately my computer lost its data and i can not now contact you directly.
If you would like to contact me I can update you on the search I have subsequently carried out after looking into my Dad's service record.
Thanks,