Author Topic: Searching for Jack Randle P/JX.182172  (Read 815 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST (Speciality - South Uist, Inverness)
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Jack Randle P/JX.182172
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 29 November 16 19:43 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to identify Jack Randle (P/JX.182172) who received a Distinguished Service Medal in 1940 for helping with evacuations at Dunkirk aboard the H.M.S Llanthony.

Having reread your post,

I assume you are doing research of a sort as you have given no detail regarding any family connection?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie, MacDonald, MacInnes, MacIntyre, MacKinnon, Steele, Walker

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, MacKinnon, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline mtrimble

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 November 16 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I'm trying to identify Jack Randle (P/JX.182172) who received a Distinguished Service Medal in 1940 for helping with evacuations at Dunkirk aboard the H.M.S Llanthony.

I cannot request his service records because I am not next of kin. It's likely he is no longer living, but I haven't been able to figure out where/when he was born and died etc. Ultimately, I'm hoping to connect with his next of kin. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-records-of-deceased-service-personnel

If you scroll just beyond halfway down there are links for General Inquirer's Forms.

Also, this link will help you understand the JX+numbers bit: http://www.godfreydykes.info/ROYAL%20NAVY%20OFFICIAL%20NUMBERS%20[RATINGS].htm

RRTB

Thanks so much RRTB. Unfortunately, that form requires me to send a death certificate with the request unless the person died more than 116 years ago. That's why I'm sort of stuck.
.   Surely 25 years NOT. What you said

As I always like to say (humorously).  The Royal Navy waives the rules

Ha. If it's 116 years after death they will waive the death certificate requirement. 25 years still requires a death certificate.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline mtrimble

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 29 November 16 22:16 GMT (UK) »

Having reread your post,

I assume you are doing research of a sort as you have given no detail regarding any family connection?

Annie

Hi Annie,

Yes. I'm doing research for a documentary project about the evacuations at dunkirk.

Offline Jacks Number One Son

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 May 19 18:18 BST (UK) »
I am Jack Randle's son, we have previously communicated but unfortunately my computer lost its data and i can not now contact you directly.
If you would like to contact me I can update you on the search I have subsequently carried out after looking into my Dad's service record.
Thanks,