Author Topic: The Brick Wall Of Brick Walls  (Read 12686 times)

Offline GJJW_1988

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Brick Wall Of Brick Walls
« Reply #72 on: Friday 02 December 16 19:44 GMT (UK) »
OK, sorry what are you saying about Bridget and Mary - that it makes it less likely? Also I was thinking if Mary was the daughter of Michael and Vincent has scarpered...why wouldn't she call Mary, Brannan so as to make it seem proper. It makes less sense, to my inexperienced mind, to call her Muleiskey if she is in fact a Brannan? I have ordered Mary's certificate already! In January it'll be a year since I started this journey! Hoping to crack the mystery before a year is out! I shall order the marriage too!

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Friday 02 December 16 20:00 GMT (UK) »
OK, sorry what are you saying about Bridget and Mary - that it makes it less likely?

Yes - (if the Bridget dying in Jun qtr 1896 is yours).  Even if Bridget died in March 1896 and Mary Alice was born in March 1897 (which is the greatest gap that it could be for those quarters) then that is 12 months for Michael and Catherine to get together, get pregnant and give birth.  Not unfeasible, but perhaps not the most likely situation.

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Friday 02 December 16 20:28 GMT (UK) »
I don't think they lived a million miles away from each other.

This view http://maps.nls.uk/view/126522815#zoom=4&lat=7349&lon=2572&layers=BT should show Gould Street to bottom left, just flanking the gas works.  Frederick Place is top and centre between Nelson Street and Pilling Street

Offline GJJW_1988

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Friday 09 December 16 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Firstly I'd like to thank you all for your help! I received the birth certificate this morning of my great great grandmother! She was born in December 1896 in 56 MASON STREET MANCHESTER (ANGEL MEADOW). Her father was given as William Muliesky - now unless that's a spelling error or a deliberate name change I am not sure but I was desperately hoping to enlist your help again in an attempt to find William and to follow up on a suggestion that someone made of checking the electoral registers? How would I manage that? I guess I am now looking, potentially, for a William that died in the Manchester/Lancashire area. Any ideas? You all came through for me massively last time - desperately hoping you can help me now!

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Friday 09 December 16 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Couple of other births that might narrow down dates-
Agnes Brannan born June qutr 1895 Manchester  mmn Scanlon died 1896 (Brennan) age 1
Michael John Brannen born June qutr 1898 Manchester mmn Clinton died June quarter 1898
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline GJJW_1988

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Friday 09 December 16 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you! That last one is definitely mine - so to speak

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Saturday 10 December 16 00:45 GMT (UK) »
There are some posts about the Angel meadow area on the Lancashire board on a topic Angel Street.
Googling Angel Meadow brings up several sites.
Cowban

Offline GJJW_1988

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Saturday 10 December 16 07:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi. Yes I have chechecked those, thanks for the advicem I really appreciate. I am mainly focusing now on finding Vincent/William and where he went. He either died or deserted his family...the only trouble is I have no idea where he went! I cannot find him anywhere!

Offline JayJay2056

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Friday 18 January 19 18:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi, new on here.
The Michael Brennan and Bridget Scanlon you refer to are my Great Grandparents.  Bridget died
in June 1896, the children Patrick, Mary Ellen, Winifred, Bridget and Catherine are all their
children.
On the 1901 census Vincent and his sister Mary are listed as Brennans simply because their
Mother was living with Michael.  He was stated as being a beer seller because the address where
they were living was actually a pub.
On the 1911 census, Vincent and Mary are down as Miller as it seems Michael is no longer alive.
Kate is the Catherine listed on the 1901, she is my Grandmother.
I would say that the three children on the 1911, Edie, Sarah and Michael are the children of
Michael and Catherine.