Author Topic: Garnett Family in Crosthwaite & Lyth, Heversham and Kendal  (Read 3769 times)

Offline AdeyGarnett

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GARNETT Family in Crosthwaite & Lyth, Heversham and Kendal
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 19 September 20 19:56 BST (UK) »
Hi, sorry only just seen this, I have as follows

Agnes's Parents : Father. William Garnett b.18 Oct 1608 Crosby Ravensworth - d. 1683 Crosby Ravensworth - Mother. Elizabeth Dent b. Abt. 1620 Westmorland - d. 1673 Crosby Ravensworth.

William's Parents : Father Anthony Garnett b.18 Jan 1583 Kendal - d . 1639 Crosby Ravensworth.
 Mother : Elizabeth Parkin 1581 - Crosby d.1651 Crosby.

Hope that helps.

Armistead,Bargh,Bibby,Bindloss,Blamire,Bownass,Cottam,Capstick,Garnett,Harrison,Hodgson,Hoggarth,Huck,Lawson,Oliver,Simpson,Willan,Wilson (Lancs/Westmorland/Cumbria/Yorks)

Davis,Lees,Oscroft,Todd,Warden (Notts,Lincs)

Caddick,Riggott (Derbys)

Offline tenezledroit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 November 20 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Adey,

Unfortunately, there are some errors in your research there. We may be connected somewhere along the line, but the William Garnett you mention who was the son of William Garnett and Eleanor Bindloss is not the same William Garnett (my ancestor) who married Jane Armistead. William Garnett and Jane Armistead only had 3 children, my ancestor Nancy (1819-1877), Sarah (1826-1917), and Anthony (1830-1901). Jane was William's second wife, as he was widowed from Hannah Prickett, with whom he had one child, William (1807-1887). He didn't have a son called George and there was no connection to Tatham as they all lived in Milnthorpe near Heversham all their lives, although William was born in nearby Old Hutton. I've done a lot of research on this branch over the years and have all the original sources to confirm this. I'd be happy to have a look for you and check the origin of your George, if you like.

Best wishes,
Steve
Current Research Interests:
ASHWORTH (West Yorkshire)
ATKINSON (Derbyshire, Lancashire)
BALSHAW (Lancashire, Cheshire)
BIRCH (Staffordshire, Lancashire)
GARNETT (Westmorland)
HONEY (Oxfordshire)
INGRAM (Dorset)
METCALFE / MEDCALF (Lancashire)
READ (Hampshire, Wiltshire)
SINGLETON (Lancashire)
TREVARTHEN / TREVARTON (Cornwall)
WILKINSON (Oxfordshire, Hampshire)

Offline AdeyGarnett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Garnett Family in Crosthwaite & Lyth, Heversham and Kendal
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 16 January 21 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for the late reply Richie. I have The Anthony (of Rus Mickle) and Elizabeth you mentioned with son William 1608 - 1683 who married Elizabeth Dent.
Armistead,Bargh,Bibby,Bindloss,Blamire,Bownass,Cottam,Capstick,Garnett,Harrison,Hodgson,Hoggarth,Huck,Lawson,Oliver,Simpson,Willan,Wilson (Lancs/Westmorland/Cumbria/Yorks)

Davis,Lees,Oscroft,Todd,Warden (Notts,Lincs)

Caddick,Riggott (Derbys)

Offline PaulDent

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 22 September 21 02:13 BST (UK) »
Quote from: AdeyGarnett link=topic=760618.msg7030

821#msg7030821 date=1600541807
Hi, sorry only just seen this, I have as follows

Agnes's Parents : Father. William Garnett b.18 Oct 1608 Crosby Ravensworth - d. 1683 Crosby Ravensworth - Mother. Elizabeth Dent b. Abt. 1620 Westmorland - d. 1673 Crosby Ravensworth.

William's Parents : Father Anthony Garnett b.18 Jan 1583 Kendal - d . 1639 Crosby Ravensworth.
 Mother : Elizabeth Parkin 1581 - Crosby d.1651 Crosby.

Hope that helps.

I also have William Garnett and  Elizabeth Dent's daughter Barbara b. 1652 in my family tree. She married a John Spedding