Author Topic: My mum with Jan Kubis  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
My mum with Jan Kubis
« on: Monday 05 December 16 07:40 GMT (UK) »
Please could this be restored. Shows my mum with Jan Kubis.  Would be very much appreciated as would like to get a good print for her.
Thanks in advance.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sewell - Surrey
Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands
Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent
Cotterill - Warwickshire
Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire
Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: My mum with Jan Kubis
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 December 16 11:04 GMT (UK) »
My Try with soft effect

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MartynS

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 December 16 13:40 GMT (UK) »
with and without frame option.
Restorers : Please do not use my restorations without asking my permission first. Thanks.

Good quality size scans will mean much better restores >> hint hint :-)

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 December 16 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Griffiths Jnr c1914, HMS Achilles
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 December 16 19:31 GMT (UK) »
I take it you all know who Jan Kubis was.
Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.

Offline Lydart

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 05 December 16 19:44 GMT (UK) »
No ?    Do tell !
Dorset/Wilts/Hants: Trowbridge Williams Sturney/Sturmey Prince Foyle/Foil Hoare Vincent Fripp/Frypp Triggle/Trygel Adams Hibige/Hibditch Riggs White Angel Cake 
C'wall/Devon/France/CANADA (Barkerville, B.C.): Pomeroy/Pomerai/Pomroy
Som'set: Clark(e) Fry
Durham: Law(e)
London: Hanham Poplett
Lancs/Cheshire/CANADA (Kelowna, B.C. & Sask): Stubbs Walmesley

WRITE LETTERS FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS TO TREASURE ... EMAILS DISAPPEAR !

Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 05 December 16 20:10 GMT (UK) »
Jan Kubiš was a Czech soldier, one of a team of Czechoslovak British-trained paratroopers sent to assassinate acting Reichsprotektor of Bohemia and Moravia, SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich, in 1942 as part of Operation Anthropoid.
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Griffiths Jnr c1914, HMS Achilles
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 05 December 16 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Jan Kubiš was a Czech soldier, one of a team of Czechoslovak British-trained paratroopers sent to assassinate acting Reichsprotektor of Bohemia and Moravia, SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich, in 1942 as part of Operation Anthropoid.

As you say.
Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.

Offline Maggie.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I haven't a clue about my Roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 05 December 16 21:14 GMT (UK) »
Please could this be restored. Shows my mum with Jan Kubis.  Would be very much appreciated as would like to get a good print for her.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Nicky.  Your Mum looks a little cutie doesn't she, and it's an interesting photo given who is with her.  Would it be possible though for it to be scanned at a higher resolution as when enlarged for restoration the detail is lost in your Mum's face.  A much clearer result will be achieved when scanned at 300 or 600dpi, rather than the 72dpi version here.  Cazza's Scanning Tutorial http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=198165.0 provides a useful downloadable pdf file on how to set your scanner to do this.

Magge  :)
Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk