Author Topic: elizabeth weston-born c1736 huntingdonshire?  (Read 2365 times)

Offline islingtonboy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
elizabeth weston-born c1736 huntingdonshire?
« on: Wednesday 07 December 16 15:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have the marriage for Thomas Beal and Elizabeth Weston in Folksworth, 5 May 1756. Thomas's parish is stated as Morborne and Elizabeth's as Folksworth. She needed the consent of her parents for the marriage. I have the PR's for Folksworth, also PR's for Haddon, Elton and Morborne but Elizabeth's birth does not appear in any of them.

If anybody has access to other PR's for Huntingdonshire, I'd appreciate any info that could be worth following up.

Also looking desperately for any birth records for Samuel Weston Beal c1798-1800.

Thanks

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: elizabeth weston-born c1736 huntingdonshire?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 December 16 15:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Welcome to rootschat

Also looking desperately for any birth records for Samuel Weston Beal c1798-1800.

Is he the Samuel W Beal age 52 occ Cabinet Maker living in Shoreditch in 1851  :-\
That census gives place of birth as Oundle, Northamptonshire - wife Eliza
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline islingtonboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 December 16 15:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosie

Yes, that's him. He's my 3x g/grandfather. Never found him in Oundle or anywhere else in Northamptonshire. But I'm 99% that his grandparents are those stated in my first post, so desperately trying to link him to them! Thomas an Elizabeth Beal had 5 kids in Morborne. One of those is hopefully Samuel's father.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 December 16 16:23 GMT (UK) »
The witnesses on his marriage to Eliza Robins are no help either, both 'Robins'  ::)

What are the names and years of birth of the children of Thomas Beal & Elizabeth Weston. Have you tried following these children forward to their marriages and families
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline islingtonboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 08 December 16 02:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosie

I live in Australia so my response time may be a little slow.

I have 2 trees on ancestry.com if that helps. My main tree is David William Bishop. My other tree is Samuel Weston Beal from Oundle- his ancestors. I have linked Samuel in that tree to possible parents Henry and Sarah Beal, but this is just for convenience at this stage.

Thomas and Elizabeth's 3 sons born in Morborne were Thomas, b1766, Henry, b1770 and John, b 1772. Henry was a carpenter in Oundle, married Sarah Oldham and had several kids in Oundle, none of which were Samuel. John became the Oundle clockmaker, marrying Harriet and also having several kids in Oundle. Thomas- I have not been able to find his first marriage, and if discovered, this could be a missing link to Samuel. I have Thomas' second marriage in London in 1821 to Frances Cornforth, but there were no kids to that marriage.
I have strong evidence from London census that both Henry and Thomas were related to Samuel Weston Beal, but alas, no proof.

Offline islingtonboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 13 December 16 13:07 GMT (UK) »
Fat lot of good that was! >:(

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 13 December 16 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi islingtonboy

I think your last comment and emoticon is uncalled for and not in the spirit of Rootschat.

There are many reasons why you may not have had a reply yet.

People may have access to the parish registers you seek at a local level but have not been able to make a visit on your behalf yet. We are all volunteers here and people's free time is often lacking especially at this time of the year.

A lot of chatters here work full time and their evenings and weekends are taken up by their own research in addition to making offers of help when they are able to.

It could be that someone may stumble across your topic in the future and be able to help but may well think twice now about posting a reply and decline to do so.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline islingtonboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 13 December 16 15:40 GMT (UK) »
Well I'm one of those full-time workers you talk about and I've also helped many other people with their family trees in the past. I usually bite my tongue but I do however get a bit tired of people who appear to show some interest, only to not help at all and not even reply to say they can't help. Doesn't take much.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 13 December 16 16:21 GMT (UK) »
I cannot help with your enquiry either.

Your post has only been on the Huntingdonshire board for 6 days. That's not a lot of time for someone to reply to say that they may be able to help out at some time in the future, near or otherwise.

It is not unknown for people to get replies on their topics here many years after posting as a distant family member finds these topics through internet search engines and makes contact.

If you are looking for a more immediate response then, sadly, Rootshat may not be the forum for you and your line of enquiry.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea