Author Topic: Marriage of Edward MAHER/Ann DOYLE c 1820 Rathvilly  (Read 3240 times)

Offline sunshine333

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Marriage of Edward MAHER/Ann DOYLE c 1820 Rathvilly
« on: Thursday 08 December 16 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am looking for the marriage of Edward Maher to Ann Doyle, c 1820 Rathvilly, Carlow...parents of Edward bapt. 1821,Bridgt 1829,Patrick 1831,Mary 1834...Eliz. (my ancestor) c 1833, cannot find her bapt. have found her siblings as above...I found the above info on ancestry..catholic parish records....I have not been able to find bapt.of father Edward Maher or Ann Doyle...are all the records from Carlow Cath.now on line...?   would appreciate any help....Rob   

Offline noland01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Edward MAHER/Ann DOYLE c 1820 Rathvilly
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 December 16 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Assuming they were married in Rathvilly Parish.
Link to NLI records for that parish.

http://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0727
McDonnell McDonald Gorman Cronley Colman Deegan Dunne Maher Dempsey Conlon Griffin Bergin Lalor Keys Bonham Brennan Hart(Laois) Nolan Byrne O Byrne Brady Mullen Hanaway Brennan Keeffe Reddy (Carlow)
O'Neill Doyle Donnelly Devlin  (Tyrone) Connor, Burbidge,McNally (Dublin)Hannon McCarthy (Tipperary)Healy Miley Treacy (Wicklow)Kelly (Kildare)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 December 16 22:29 GMT (UK) »
Check out the link to Irish Ancestors on the bottom of the NLI page to see where records are held.

Offline sunshine333

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 December 16 23:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thanks for the help....I appreciate your kindness..I checked the site you suggested, but no marriage..Rob   

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 December 16 01:01 GMT (UK) »
Eliz's birth may be on one of those faded pages, and as with her husband's marriage on the other thread, her parents marriage could be in another parish.

https://www.johngrenham.com/records/rc_church.php?churchid=0727&parish=Rathvilly
It looks like the only other possibility is the transcripts from the Heritage Centres (RootsIreland).
Hopefully they used the registers in the church rather than the microfilms. It's seems to be hit and miss if they did.