Author Topic: Pimlico Coopers 1840s  (Read 472 times)

Offline Roy G

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Pimlico Coopers 1840s
« on: Saturday 10 December 16 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
If anyone visiting The Keep has a little bit of spare time, I would like a look up in the electoral roles for mid 1840s Brighton.  Although I very much doubt if anyone in the Brighton street called Pimlico was ever registered to vote, a few just might have been.  The family surname I am looking for is Cooper.

My interest is in a William Douglas Cooper, said to have been the base born son of Harriet Cooper of Pimlico.  William (born c1846) was baptised in 1848 along with two children surnamed Rook.  In later years the Rooks were considered to be his cousins.

The 1851 census shows William Cooper as a border with the Holman family and he is still with that family in 1861.  Furthermore, I already know Mrs Holman (nee Wooldridge) and Mrs Rook (nee Wooldridge) were sisters.  In later censuses, William Cooper reappears as Douglas Holman, never marries and remains with that same surname until his death in the 1930s   

Its not a matter of major importance, its just one of those problems that constantly reappears to bug me, so any help or just input, would be much appreciated.   

Regards Roy G