Author Topic: John Harper  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Rados

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Harper
« on: Monday 12 December 16 15:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,
I am trying to find out who the parents of John Harper c1754 • Horsham St Faith, Norfolk, England
He married a Mary Whall (1754) .. 1Aug 1775, Horsham St Faith Church St Mary & St Andrew

Cheers

Offline The Yokel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: John Harper
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 December 16 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rados
Can't see any Harper birth/baptisms in Horsham St Faiths at that time, looks like they only put the childs name, see http://www.rootschat.com/links/01j0t/

Is that his burial in 1826? age 74, if so his birth would be 1752. http://www.rootschat.com/links/01j0u/

yokel

Offline Rados

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 December 16 18:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Yoke,

That all I can find as well

cheers

Offline Rados

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 December 16 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Yoke,

this may work, 10 miles way...but..

Tristram Harper born 1748 Hemblington, Norfolk   to Tristram Harper and Margaret

John Harper born 1752 Hemblington, Norfolk   to Tristram Harper and Margaret

!!

Offline The Yokel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 12 December 16 21:33 GMT (UK) »
A possible, Tristram and Margaret were married at Rackheath which is halfway between Hemblington and Horsford

Offline Sizeland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 24 November 19 07:08 GMT (UK) »
It seems highly likely, given his stated age of 74 in the burial register, that John Harper who married Mary Whall was he who was born & baptised at Hemblington in 1752, the younger son of Tristram Harper (1748-1828) and his wife Margaret Smith who were married at Southwood in 1745. This Tristram was born at Hemblington in 1722, the eldest son of Tristram Harper & Margaret Spaldell who were married at Rackheath the same year - rather confusing with two generations of Tristram & Margaret. The younger Tristram & Margaret who might have been John's parents, were also the parents of another Tristram Harper (1784-1848) at whose death the male line of that branch was thought to have become extinct........ but now here is John Harper (1752-1826) who had a son William (1778-1822) who had several sons and daughters. Are you a descendant of this line?

Offline Rados

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 24 November 19 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi There,

John Harper (1752-1826) was my 4th Great grandfather

Offline Sizeland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 25 November 19 06:11 GMT (UK) »
I am a great x8 grandson of Tristram Harper (c1610-1684) whose eldest son was Henry (1637-1692) whose eldest son was Tristram (1663-1705) all of Stratton Strawless, Norfolk. The eldest son of Tristram (1663) was also Tristram, born in the late 1690s and living at the time of his father's death in 1705. Circumstantial evidence points to this youngest Tristram being he who married Margaret Spaldell at Rackheath in 1722 and settled at Hemblington - although I doubt that the link could ever be proved. I have a copy of the will of Tristram (died 1705) in which he left his land and houses at Stratton Strawless to his eldest son, with gold coins, silver spoons, items of furniture, lambs and cows to his younger surviving children.

Offline Rados

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 25 November 19 10:40 GMT (UK) »
My Great Grandmother ( Sophia Harper was born in Costessey, her father Samuel C Harper was born in Horsham St faith, as was her father William Harper, her Grandfather John Harper born Hemblington