Author Topic: Fitzpatrick (13 children)  (Read 5223 times)

Offline amyfitzpatrick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Fitzpatrick (13 children)
« on: Saturday 07 January 17 02:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm trying to trace my grandfather's family. He was orphaned as a child and put in St. Michael's Industrial School in Cappoquin (approx. 1950).

His name is Christopher Fitzpatrick and he was born in Waterford in 1946. According to many geneology websites, his mother's maiden name was Dowling.

I believe his parents to be Hannah (Johanna?) Dowling (b. 1909) and William Fitzpatrick, married in 1927.

Some possible names of his siblings are:
William J (b. 1930)
Anastasia (b. 1932)
Daniel (b. 1934)
Joseph (b. 1935)
Ellen P (b. 1943)
Thomas K (b. 1944)
Anne (b. 1945)
Kathleen (b. 1949)

All born in Waterford (to my knowledge).

If anyone has any information, or thinks they're related to the family and would like more details, please let me know. I'd love to find out more about this part of the family.
Fitzpatrick and Dowling, Waterford (Ireland)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Fitzpatrick (13 children)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 January 17 08:41 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat  :) This isn't a forum for tracing living relatives and to protect the privacy of others we aren't allowed to post details of anyone living or possibly living. It is explained in Posting Guidelines in Help pages (link at top of page).
http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

In order to trace the family you'll need to make sure that Christopher's parents really are Hannah Dowling & William Fitzpatrick so you should check his birth certificate. There would likely to have been records when he, and possibly siblings, were institutionalised but not sure such recent records would be divulged to family. Even if your grandfather himself is still living they may classify the details as too sensitive since siblings could still be alive.

Looking at the list of children you posted it's likely the 1st Anne died as there's a birth for a later one. Have a look here

Once you have another post then you will be able to use PM (Personal Message) system- also explained in Help pages. Then, if anyone can help further with recent information that can't be posted here you can be sent a message.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 January 17 08:56 GMT (UK) »
Death certificate for Hannah Fitzpatrick (1950)-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1950/04520/4190032.pdf

Can't see an earlier death for Anne so perhaps the date you posted is incorrect and the one I linked is that child.

May be a co-incidence, but a Kenneth Fitzpatrick, age 2, died 1943 and death registered by an Annie Dowling-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1943/04653/4237910.pdf

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 January 17 09:07 GMT (UK) »
This might be death for son Daniel in 1934-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1934/04841/4306387.pdf

1927 marriage-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1927/09112/5296091.pdf

Possibly Dowling family in 1911-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Waterford/Waterford_No__3_Urban/Mandeville_Lane/673462

Hannah's mother called Annie and comparing the addresses it looks like she could have been the Annie Dowling who registered the death of two year old Kenneth Fitzpatrick in 1943.

Offline amyfitzpatrick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 08 January 17 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much for your help! The census records in particular were a huge help and have helped me find several other relatives.

If anyone does have any more recent information that they can't post on here, please do PM me! :)

Offline jim burke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 08 February 17 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Yes William Fitzpatrick did marry Hannah/Joanna Dowling 1927 Waterford City, and the following family, are 9 sons, 5 daughters.  * as many of this family are alive you should write to Waterford City Library, Lady lane Waterford City, they may be able to help, as two of these families are living close bye all the best in your research. Debur

* Moderator comment: names and years of birth removed in accordance with RootsChat guidance and practice.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 08 February 17 18:01 GMT (UK) »
We aren't allowed to post details of living people, jim burke, so you'll need to remove some of those details from your last post- just click on 'modify' remove living people information then click 'save.'

It's explained in HELP pages under posting guidelines but you can use PM (personal message) system to tell Amy the details about her family.

Offline jim burke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 09 February 17 09:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Amy when I posted the family of William & Hannah Fitzpatrick's family I did believe all of their Children were not with us today as there are no records of them here in Waterford; today they are only grandchildren & Great/grandchildren Debur

Offline amyfitzpatrick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 09 February 17 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thanks for your help! Did you get my latest message?