Author Topic: Robert STEVENSON born Co Down c 1841  (Read 3326 times)

Offline joy.e

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert STEVENSON born Co Down c 1841
« Reply #18 on: Monday 09 March 20 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Thank you again folks for the last few links...
I'm more than happy with, and have probably seen most of, the Irish sites, so any pointers towards the American links for Mary Isabella (Barclay) Stevenson's family, including Samuel and Joseph Barclay would be more than helpful  ;D
barclay/sands/turner/sewell/pengilly/heritage/hodgson/campbell/cox/bussell/long/doherty
meigh/killeavy/forkhill/jonesborough/cascum/adavoyle/kilmore

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 04:26 GMT (UK) »
... so any pointers towards the American links for Mary Isabella (Barclay) Stevenson's family, including Samuel and Joseph Barclay would be more than helpful  ;D
Do you have a subscription to ancestry with access to the US records? If so, I will post the links.
Is this your tree?
https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/166392247/person/312158263890/facts

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile

Offline joy.e

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 21:35 GMT (UK) »
sorry for the delay replying...real life always gets in the way of genealogy  ::)
I don't have a subscription to Ancestry ...but think I need to take one out ASAP ..especially if there's someone else on there with a tree which could be linked to mine  :o
barclay/sands/turner/sewell/pengilly/heritage/hodgson/campbell/cox/bussell/long/doherty

Offline joy.e

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 28 April 20 15:57 BST (UK) »

[/quote]
Do you have a subscription to ancestry with access to the US records? If so, I will post the links.
Is this your tree?
https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/166392247/person/312158263890/facts
[/quote]

Hello again... No...that isn't my tree...but I have now taken out a subscription to Ancestry (UK) and am slowly but surely updating the tree...funny to see there's another 'Joy' gathering up info about the same family.

I can't thank you enough for the links you put on here Oldohiohome...its great to have some fresh leads :-)

Offline munromg

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 11 March 21 10:21 GMT (UK) »
The Stevensons are indeed very complicated. I think we may be related. If this is my Robert Stevenson (2nd great grandfather also) he actually had two families. He left his wife in Ireland and married in Scotland, having more children, a son Robert Stevenson who was my great grandfather born in Broxburn.