Author Topic: icon clarification please!?  (Read 2579 times)

Offline ard

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
icon clarification please!?
« on: Tuesday 27 July 04 03:48 BST (UK) »
Can anyone tell me...

*Why most posts have a little blue oval with the word "new" after the subject line?... I notice mine don't.

*what  the thumbs-down icon means (second column where mostly there is a symbol for "document"? Likewise for the question mark with a circle around it?

Also what is a "pioneer", and "extra" etc. signify?

I tried to find the info somewhere but haven't been able to.

Thanks,
ard
CNL.DVN:Knight;Jenkins;Bray;Harvey;West;Judd;Menhinnit;Griffin;Harding;Williams;Goman;Cock;Leach;Martin;Hewett.*KNT:Foster;Piper.*ESSX:Smith;Baker;Hawkins;Everitt;Spurgeon;Wellens. *MDX:Gruber;Shortland;Dukes;Cooper;Appelton;Watts;Hooper;Neale;Ricketts.*LCN:Burton;Blackburn;Walters;*SCOT:Blair;Dick;Stevenson;Williamson;Halliday;;Gilchrist;Leggat;Davies;Frew;Pollock;Richmond;Houston;McLachlan,Gemmel/Giemle,Clerk*NI:Ferguson;Boyd.*DEU:Gruber,Henne,Hohln(Württemberg)Hoffmann(Birkenfeld)

Offline ange

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: icon clarification please!?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 July 04 07:54 BST (UK) »
Hi ard,
The posts with new next to them are ones you haven't read yet, it won't be on yours because you posted them.
When you post there is a space for a subject line and then you can change the message icon from the standard "document", some people change it to question mark if they've posted a question, thumbs down for bad news, thumbs up for good news, etc..
Pioneer is for a rootschatter who hasn't made many posts yet as you make more posts the more senior your title.
Hope this helps
Ange
researching: Evans, Smith, Soundie, Brookfield, Frost, Douglas, Heron, Weaver,Redmond, Blackford, Furmedge & McKittrick

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ard

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 July 04 16:36 BST (UK) »
Yes it does Ange, thanks. Sorry I didn't post it in the correct spot, I wasn't sure. I'm slowly getting the gist of it, with help!
cheers,
ard
CNL.DVN:Knight;Jenkins;Bray;Harvey;West;Judd;Menhinnit;Griffin;Harding;Williams;Goman;Cock;Leach;Martin;Hewett.*KNT:Foster;Piper.*ESSX:Smith;Baker;Hawkins;Everitt;Spurgeon;Wellens. *MDX:Gruber;Shortland;Dukes;Cooper;Appelton;Watts;Hooper;Neale;Ricketts.*LCN:Burton;Blackburn;Walters;*SCOT:Blair;Dick;Stevenson;Williamson;Halliday;;Gilchrist;Leggat;Davies;Frew;Pollock;Richmond;Houston;McLachlan,Gemmel/Giemle,Clerk*NI:Ferguson;Boyd.*DEU:Gruber,Henne,Hohln(Württemberg)Hoffmann(Birkenfeld)

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 July 04 18:30 BST (UK) »
Hello Ard,

Very well put Ange !!!  :D

Whilst we were talking about Message Icons, there is also the red exclamation marks which denote a Link to to a worthy website to visit with a little bit of nformation as to what to expect from your visit to the website.

RootsChat
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster