Author Topic: Jane HENDERSON, Enniskellin, Fermanagh  (Read 7488 times)

Offline jkentbryant

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jane HENDERSON, Enniskellin, Fermanagh
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 19 January 19 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Wonderful!   My Margaret’s birth year is an estimate or calculation from her census records and obituary.  She married Francis Burket in Detroit, MI—but we’ve never known more of her history.  My reasonably close DNA match with the descendant of John was a first glimmer!  I am on GEDmatch T494199. 
I was searching for Enniskillen Henderson’s since John’s info does state he came from there.  He would be about 10 years older than Margaret.  See if we pick up anything at all in GEDmatch. 

Offline jkentbryant

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 19 January 19 19:09 GMT (UK) »
The descendant of John is in GEDmatch too.   If she messages me, I’ll ask if ok to share her name and number😊

Offline Colleen Archbold

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 20 January 19 04:27 GMT (UK) »
I'll look up my gedmatch number.
Im a bit slow lately. ...both wrists/hands not working.  So if there's a delay with me answering it's not because I'm ignoring you.

I have a feeling there was a John Henderson  on a ship with Jane  in  1866 from  plymouth to Adelaide.  That's the only reference I've found to a John. There's also reference to a William .

There seems to be another Henderson family with mames Thpmss, john, jane and William. They were orphaned and their grandmother  sailed with them to America where they were split up between their Henderson and Bain relatives. Their mother was Jane Bain  and their father Thomss Henderson.

I thought they were my ancestors but the birth dates did not fit.  I wonder if they were relatives  though,  since the names are similar.

Unfortunately another person wrote my Jane's details into  his tree on wiki tree and Geni. I haven't  been able to get him to take them down. So it can be confusing.

Offline jkentbryant

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 20 January 19 12:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Colleen, I am also on Family Tree DNA with a kit of N63916.   I haven’t seen your name matching me on either site—but perhaps you have it under initials or a different title.   
I had found a ship passage from Ireland to NY in 1853 that I wondered if it was my Margaret’s family.  But it did contain a William aged 40 and Margaret aged 45 as parents (I assume).  I cannot find them anywhere in census data.  So, I am unsure if linked to me or not.