Author Topic: Albert Edward Price - need help with birth please  (Read 5202 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Edward Price - need help with birth please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 15 January 17 15:02 GMT (UK) »
You can ask for the certificate ONLY if the father is Wiiliam.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 15 January 17 15:05 GMT (UK) »
You could also approach the local registration office and explain the situation, maybe email giving what you know and have already done. Most of them are very helpful.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 15 January 17 15:06 GMT (UK) »
Was it Albert or his father who was a road or rail man, if it was his father James as on the marriage cert. then the family could have moved around a bit.

Mike

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 15 January 17 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked those births on the new GRO index which gives mothers maiden names, you may be able to work out who the parents are then by looking for marriages that fit
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ali Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 15 January 17 15:08 GMT (UK) »
That is a good idea so there is a facility on GRO for only ordering if the father is called James ?
I may have to go to Hereford in the end I think to look in person but am going to be recuperating from an operation later this week so hoping to take some leaps forward

Thank you  :)

It was father James who was a road or railman - Albert was a porter ( he later drove a bus between a hotel and the railway station in Leominster )
Nugent - Barking/Hackney
Utley/Hawley Yorkshire
Apperley Herefordshire
Constantine London and Lancs.

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 15 January 17 15:38 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to work out why the marriage was in hentland, fanny jane was born in Ocle Pychard near
Bromyard, and I think was working as a kitchen maid in 1891 in Burghill possibly at the hospital there, so no connection to hentland there.

Hence the speculation that railmen and their family can move around every few years.

Mike

Offline Ali Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 15 January 17 16:11 GMT (UK) »
On the marriage certificate it says her residence was Hoarwithy which is where her family are - his residence says Burghill I think but cant find a James Price there that fits - she is a servant on the certificate and he is a porter - can I scan it and put it up ? or can I put a bit in with snipping
Nugent - Barking/Hackney
Utley/Hawley Yorkshire
Apperley Herefordshire

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 15 January 17 16:49 GMT (UK) »
You can put bits up, but not the whole cert.
The bit you put up must have a size less than 500kb.

But, if Albert is a porter in burghill when he married it seems possible that he is a porter in the same hospital as fanny,  we may need a census expert for this as institutions are difficult to find.

Offline Ali Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 15 January 17 17:18 GMT (UK) »
I am going to double check that census for Fanny in 1891 but think it should be right - cant see how to attach an image
Nugent - Barking/Hackney
Utley/Hawley Yorkshire
Apperley Herefordshire