Author Topic: Removing husbands profile  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Removing husbands profile
« on: Tuesday 17 January 17 13:30 GMT (UK) »
My husband died in September and I haven't worked out how to remove his user name etc Bunglebury.It came to light this morning she IopenedRoots chat and saw a message on a topic he had started.I realise I don't want this to happen again so please help me to remove his profile
Thank you

Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Removing husbands profile
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Best way is to contact either Sarah or Trystan who I'm sure will be able to help.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ringrose

I'm sorry to hear, belatedly, about the death of your husband.

I have asked Trystan and Sarah to edit his profile to show that he has passed away and to stop all notifications of replies.

His topics will remain on Rootschat though.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 15:02 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much....this was one area I hadn't thought of removing his name but fully understand about his posts.You never knew I might be able to help someone as Ive got all his records and we did our research together.
Thank you
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 15:23 GMT (UK) »
Ringrose,

I'm very sorry to hear this. I've updated what was your late husband's profile to mark his passing. This will also stop you getting any notifications on those topics. I'm sure the words he wrote will continue to help others, and also I hope to be of comfort too.

Respectfully yours,
Trystan
RootsChat Support
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Thank you
Ringrose