Author Topic: Does Donald Trump have any Irish Ancestry?  (Read 16669 times)

Online Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
Re: Does Donald Trump have any Irish Ancestry?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 18 January 17 09:21 GMT (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D
Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 18 January 17 10:00 GMT (UK) »
According to D Trump, it's untrue about his ancestor having 'rooms for the ladies' in his establishment.

Annie

A mini WDYTYA about his grandfather ...
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jan/18/meet-the-trumps-from-immigrant-to-president-review-a-warning-from-history
Matt Frei looks at the generations of Trump past, who built their legacy on illegal emigration, trespass and prostitution

Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 18 January 17 10:57 GMT (UK) »
FYI
Wikipedia have a tree online back to GGGP - LINK
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 18 January 17 11:29 GMT (UK) »
For some reason he doesn't want to acknowledge that his mother applied to emigrate to America, he insists she went for a holiday, liked it and stayed! Is it the word emigrate he doesn't like?

That description suggests she may not have been a totally legal migrant. If only there had been a wall to keep her out, the world would be a different place today.
Elwyn

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 18 January 17 15:18 GMT (UK) »
His mother was perfectly legal, the National newspaper enquired into the circumstances of her emigrating, she had a sister in New York & left with $50? in her purse to work as a domestic in that city for several years before she met Trump senior. Trump makes out that she was in NY on holiday & met his father at a society affair. The National stated that to their knowledge no Lewis woman at that time went to New York on holiday. The losses of the Great War were very heavy in Lewis/Harris this was compounded by the loss of the Iolaire bringing the survivors home to Stornoway on Hogmanay at the end of the war, she struck rocks called the Beasts of Holm in the dark & most perished. The island young saw emigration as their best option, hence Mrs Trump. He has full cousins on Lewis who apparently are understandably publicity shy.

http://adb422006.com/iolaire.html

Skoosh.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 19 January 17 02:22 GMT (UK) »
From the posts and information posted here, I guess the answer to my original question can be summed up via one word -  "no".
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 19 January 17 04:24 GMT (UK) »
From the posts and information posted here, I guess the answer to my original question can be summed up via one word -  "no".

I'm not sure it can be disputed as we don't know the history of his mother's line on both sides?

Skoosh,

Thanks for link re "Iolaire", these things are far more interesting (although very sad) than reading about the Trump(et).

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 19 January 17 21:15 GMT (UK) »
Indeed Annie, you wouldn't wish the likes of Trump on the Irish!

Skoosh.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 19 January 17 22:15 GMT (UK) »

Donald's tree back to the 1750's. From what i can see no Irish

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01jbb/
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.