Author Topic: HEAD and PAGE and AVERY and WYBORN families in Sussex England pre 1850  (Read 650 times)

Offline CherylanneB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HEAD and PAGE and AVERY and WYBORN families in Sussex England pre 1850
« on: Sunday 22 January 17 00:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Greetings from NSW Australia

I am researching Thomas HEAD b. circa 1770 who married Ann PAGE on 31.12.1794 at Ore, Sussex (both parents unknown).

One of their children Richard HEAD christened 27.3.1807 at Ore Sussex, married a Jane WYBORN, christened Eastbourne on 28-7-1811, on 8-7-1830 at Ore.  Jane Wyborn was the daughter of John Wyborn & Jane Avery.

Richard, Jane and their children emigrated to Australia aboard the "Neptune" arriving 27.9.1839. Henry, one of their children, married Ellen CHITTENDEN in 1870 at Maitland, NSW - my x great grandparents.

Further back the only other information I have is:
* John Wyborn, was Christened; St.Clements Hasting 19-11-1784. He married Jane Avery, in Eastbourne 1-6-1809 [Witnesses to the marriage: William Berrell & Thomas Hart]

*Jane Avery, daughter of William Avery & Lucy Weymark, Christened: 1 -2-1789 Eastbourne.
*William Avery & Lucy Weymark married Westham 19-11-1776.

Is anyone researching these families or able to provide me direction on how I can get the HEAD line further back.  It has been a brickwall for me for in excess of 20 years now. 

The HEAD tree is very confusing, there are so many Heads located in various parts of Sussex during the years and the Christian names seem repeated generation after generation.

A lister years ago said he thought the HEAD line could be traced back to Fairlight around the 1700's but I have never been able to prove this.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Cherylanne

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HEAD and PAGE and AVERY and WYBORN families in Sussex England pre 1850
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 January 17 08:23 GMT (UK) »
RootsChat has a Surnames Interest Table - there is a link to it at the bottom of every RC page! ;D

It's in the dark-brown area, underneath "Your Tools".

While you're there, why not add your own interests?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline CherylanneB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
HEAD and PAGE and AVERY and WYBORN families in Sussex England pre 1850
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 January 17 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Added my surname interests - thanks for the suggestion.
Kind regards
Cherylanne