Author Topic: Youngs,Sanderson, Newlands and West Linton  (Read 4112 times)

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Youngs,Sanderson, Newlands and West Linton
« on: Tuesday 24 January 17 18:21 GMT (UK) »
 Hi, more brick walls, my 5 times great grandmother Barbara/ Barbary Young married Alexander Stewart, no registration found, the only clues I have are through their children ,Barbara Barbary's death certificate and the census I can find no birth for her but on the  census she says born Newlands, in 1851 she is 62 and 1841 50 at her death in 1867 she is 80 she died at Lasswade her son Alexander  was present, widow of Alexander molecatcher, daughter of James Young, Factor, and Janet Sanderson, I have found some children for this couple, William  December 1769 West Linton and possibly baptised at Dolphinton January1770,James 1772 West Linton, and another William 1774, West Linton, from S P, so No birth for Barbara and no marriage for either Barbara and Alexander or Barbara's parents James Young  and Janet  Sanderson and possibly more births missing. Barbara Young and Alexander Stewart had  3 children at Newlands, Alexander 1813, Janet 1811 and Jean 1816, their other children born Penicuik Barbara 1818,James 1820 and David Muir 1823, so it looks like they followed the naming pattern. Can anyone help me get any further back on this line? any help will be very welcome and much appreciated. many thanks Nikitah.   

Offline mrs a

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Youngs,Sanderson, Newlands and West Linton
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 December 18 18:45 GMT (UK) »
Do you have details of where the family lived at Newlands and West Linton?
Fawcett, Currie, Hutton, Bauchope, Rankine, Main,Gilmour,Campbell,Tervit,Walker,Frame,Rooney, Finnie,Rea,Noble,Alexander
West Lothian, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire, Fife,Midlothian

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 December 18 20:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi mrs a, thank you for your reply, unfortunately I have nothing further than the above, I noticed you have a couple of names from my Familytree, is it just the place name you are interested in or the Young/ Sanderson connection?. take, Nikitah.

Offline mrs a

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 December 18 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Place names as they are nearby
Fawcett, Currie, Hutton, Bauchope, Rankine, Main,Gilmour,Campbell,Tervit,Walker,Frame,Rooney, Finnie,Rea,Noble,Alexander
West Lothian, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire, Fife,Midlothian

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 28 December 18 21:43 GMT (UK) »
So sorry mrs a then I can't help, you could maybe do a separate thread then someone with knowledge of the area might be able to help, where are your Currie's, Rankine's etc from?. Nikitah.

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 29 December 18 01:12 GMT (UK) »
You might try putting your post on the Ayrshire board!  There are Sanderson's and living descendants still in New Cumnock!  Someone else may well be researching the Sanderson Families. Worth a try???

You could also try Facebook, " New Cumnock Group", there are mentions of Sanderson's on there.

Hope this is helpful to you! 👍👍
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 29 December 18 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you jaybeinz, I will try that, I don't have much to go on though :)  Nikitah.

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 29 December 18 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi, this started me off again , I may have found Janet Sanderson's birth at  Newlands father William Sanderson  her mother was probably Margaret Wallace it looks as if they moved between West Linton and Newlands, all from scotlandspeople the proof lies with a child Isobel whose birth was registered in both West Linton and Newlands, in West Linton her parents are given as William Sanderson and Margaret Wallace, in Newlands just her fathers name is given  as William Sanderson. so the search goes on. Nikitah

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 30 December 18 16:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi forget that, >:( two of them has thrown a spanner in the works, William10/06/1753 to William Sanderson and Margaret Wallace at West Linton and Isobel Sanderson 05/ 08/1753 at Newlands to William Sanderson. the Isobel born 08/04/1737 to William Sanderson and Margaret  Wallace at West Linton has the same name and exact birthday 08/04/1737 as Isobel born at Newlands with only father William recorded, maybe this was why I gave up last time ;) Nikitah.