Author Topic: Lucy Leigh Brocklehurst 1787- May 1866  (Read 6430 times)

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Lucy Leigh Brocklehurst 1787- May 1866
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 10:54 BST (UK) »
Hi harewood,
No sorry I don't know anything about the ancestors of Lucy.
I've been following the posts and was wondering how she came to be buried in Heaton Norris.
I've been trying to find her on the 1861 census, do you have those details?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline harewood

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 29 March 17 11:11 BST (UK) »
Possibly but I'm travelling at the moment and am not back in the uk for a couple of weeks so I don't have access to my family tree. I will have a look when I get back.
Regards
Harewood

Offline harewood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 13 April 17 18:06 BST (UK) »
Hi harewood,
No sorry I don't know anything about the ancestors of Lucy.
I've been following the posts and was wondering how she came to be buried in Heaton Norris.
I've been trying to find her on the 1861 census, do you have those details?
now back in the UK and can tell you in the 1861 census at 82 Dorset (?) in Hulme Lancashire.  Samuel Dale 75, Lucy Dale 74, Ann Dale 37, Samuel Dale 33

Offline Anneke Starkey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 25 May 17 05:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

My name Anneke Starkey, Mom is the daughter of Normon Brooks Dale, his father was Harry Wallwork Dale, who was the son of David Henry Dale, who was the son of David Leigh Dale, who was the son of Samuel Dale and Lucy Leigh Brocklehurst -- We're family!! Yay!!! Have any of you found any information about Lucy?

~Anneke

Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.

Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline harewood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 25 May 17 23:15 BST (UK) »
quite a bit! Do you have your family tree on Ancestry or on any of the other sites?

Offline Anneke Starkey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 26 May 17 04:41 BST (UK) »
Fantastic!!!  ;D yes I am on Ancestry.com- - ton of trees I am working on right now. Mainly the Wilson - Starkey family tree.

Are you on Ancestry.com too? I am talking my Mom right now, we're super excited because my Grandpa Sale passed away in 1999 and we have been trying to research his family. He was an only child, so not too many people to talk to there. Thank you so much!!

How are you related to the Dale line?

~Anneke

Offline harewood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 26 May 17 10:44 BST (UK) »
I am on ancestry.co.uk

and I am a Dale. According to my calculations you are my sixth cousin one removed. Lineage hopefully attached. If not, send me your email address and I will attach a PDF

Offline Anneke Starkey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 26 May 17 15:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin!

Nice to meet you cousin. We are in the US and my Grandpa Dale and his family immigrated in 1963 from Manchester.  My Grandpa Dale died believing David Leigh Dale was an orphan, because he couldn't find anything. He would have loved to have known what you have found. Thank you so very much. I honestly feel I have a little piece of him back. ;D

I have attached pictures of my Grandpa Dale back in the 1940s and one of myself, mom, and grandpa before he passed on and one of my grandpa.

Offline Phoenixf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 15 September 17 10:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Clan,
I thought it was time I reported in to you all.
I have visited the UK and strolled around a bit of Manchester (Chorley etc) where Lucy and her family lived; trying to get closer to her. One thing I discovered was that the Brocklehurst family were big in the Silk industry and I seem to remember that Lucy was a silk worker at one time. Samuel was also listed as a silk manufacturer or Silk draper.
I have just wandered through my list of their children:
William bab 15 June 1806; Phoebe bab 9 March 1808; Sarah bab 15 July 1810; David Leigh bab 18 April 1813; Peter Leah bab 6 Aug 1815; Lucy bab 2 Nov 1817; Ann bab 26 Sept 1819; Martha (also called Margaret in places) bab 9 Sept 1821; Samuel bab 19 Oct 1823; Mary bab 7 Aug 1825. Then I have two more that don't seem to be correct to me- Ann 1824 and Samuel 1828. As there are already children of these names (and they appear to be alive according to census 1851) it is unlikely that these children are Lucy and Samuel's. Has anyone else tripped over these two? It is also interesting that Mary married John Brocklehurst on 13.11.1850.

I am descended from Lucy who married Samuel Timperley, and in later life, emigrated to New Zealand with most of their family. If anyone wants more information about this branch of the family, please just ask. I am interested in other branches of the family if anyone is willing to supply me with theirs.

As a side note, I was interested to see that you come from Buckinghamshire, Martin. We stopped in a little village called Tingewick there, when we were in the UK, as my gg grandmother was born there. We didn't know her maiden name but my grandmother's names were Amy Cross; so we wondered about the Cross. It was very exciting to find a Cross Lane there; and since then I have found my ancestress under that name and it all matches out! Wonderful adventure; and a lovely village!

I am also trying to write a book about Lucy; but it will be fiction as there are too many gaps and rumours, but maybe, one day it will even be finished!

Till then,
Best to all,

Robyn