Author Topic: Fortunato Savini and Constanza  (Read 309 times)

Offline suziq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Fortunato Savini and Constanza
« on: Thursday 26 January 17 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I'm helping with a friends tree and her great grandparents came to England, in the 1891 census it says that Fortunato Savini and his wife Constanza along with their daughter Guiseppina that they were all born in Milan, Italy.  I would love to be able to give some more information. A wedding date, maiden name, birth dates, anything would be great.
Many thanks
Suziq
Timmins-Durham,York,Middx,Sussex Pearson-Durham, Blenkinsop-York, Hind,Lumley,Gordon,Stoker,Farrant-Sussex,Comber-Sussex

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fortunato Savini and Constanza
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 January 17 08:31 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Suziq
according to a familytree on www.geneanet.org Fortunato was born 1850 and his wifes name was Costanza.....
ADDED   that tree looks to be correct on his birth date because on the death registration in 1895 in Epsom ,Surrey it states Fortunato was born 1850 ...1891 census has a neice aged 20 with them named Ellena Zanon - I will see if there is a marriage in Italy for a Fortunato Savini and Costanza Zanon ..
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fortunato Savini and Constanza
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 January 17 08:47 GMT (UK) »
I am wondering if there is a slight spelling mistake when Fortunato and Costanza entered the UK on their registration - on www.familysearch.org there are no results for Fortunato Savini in Italy but there are many for
Fortunato Savino .............. see if you can find his application for British citizenship
ADDED that same tree owner has Fortunato Savino /Fortunato Savini - so maybe the English version is Savini and the Italian version is Savino - it certainly looks that way .have you noticed in 1891 census
Fortunato is 48( if born 1850 he should only be 41..death cert definitely states b 1850 )
Costanza is 29 ...............   I wonder if Fortunato was previously married and Costanza is his second wife ?   maybe the niece Ellena Zanon aged 20 was related through his first wife ( if he had one )
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford