Author Topic: ferriday family 1890s  (Read 1881 times)

Offline caelwyn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ferriday family 1890s
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 15:58 GMT (UK) »
 Hi ggrocott Having just seen your query, I did wonder if you new where they were born/lived? As I know you say Wellington Shropshire. But if place of Birth, Marriage, Death/Burial, says another place name in front of Wellington, you may find your Ann Ferriday in other places that came under Wellington that also had Chirches etc. I hope that makes sense. I live in Shropshire, very near to Wellington, and have come across lots of people from other areas doing family Search who have hit a brick wall due to 'Wellington', due to Parish changes and all sorts of other things. For an example someone was looking for someone they had found a burial in Wellington, but it was actually Oakengates, Wellington. If you can give me any other place names mentioned under Wellington, or Shropshire, for Ann Ferriday & Benjamin Groucott, or possibly there Children, I may at least be able to point you in different direction, that will smash that wall down. Keep The 'Stalking Dead People' Going.

Online ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
Re: ferriday family 1890s
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi caelwyn,

Well Thomas, bp 1764 at Wellington was buried at All Saints, Wellington in 1831, abode Lawley Bank, which comes up on several other occasions in this part of the tree.  One of his children, Benjamin was bp at Dawley Magna (1815) which is another frequent location.  My first encounter with the Shropshire link came from a census where Lawley Bank had become Lady Bank and the family were in Staffordshire, that had me stumped for a while!

Basically I am interested in any Grocott, Groucott, Growcott, Groughatt or anything vaguely similar in that area about that time!

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)