Author Topic: William Evans b. LLanfinhangel Yscefiog  (Read 3756 times)

Offline liverbirds

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
William Evans b. LLanfinhangel Yscefiog
« on: Thursday 02 February 17 18:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello to all, hoping someone out there can offer any ideas on linking the above gent on my tree to one on Donnaps tree.
We both have a William Evans in our family tree, mine was the brother of my Gt grandmother Catherine Evans and the son of William Evans a collier/miner and Ellen Owen b.1828 at Llanfinhangel Yscefiog and apart from a record in Anglesey baptisms and the 1841 census for the area with his family he then disappears. I have searched death records and later census but no luck.

After my postings on this forum I was contacted by Donnap who thought we may have a connection and at the time I could see none apart from the parents names and his age there were a few of them that could be a possibility but none with his fathers profession apart from my family. Her William Evans turned up in Australia and married there in 1860 were he states his parents are as mentioned above and his fathers profession is miner, and came from North Wales it is also gives his age at marriage as 30 yrs so would possibly tie in. This William Evans became a lighthouse keeper at Cape Otway in Victoria but at his marriage was a sailor.

What I am asking is there any other avenues that anyone can suggest we follow to tie these two together, i.e seamanship records etc that may be local. I am now feeling certain that they are one and the same man and it would be great to think we have found a link at either end of the globe.

All help or suggestions as always is much appreciated . L.B
Mc Cann,Dublin. Evans,Anglesey.Jones,Denbigh.Wesson,Huntingdonshire. Mc Dermott, anywhere. and the same names in Liverpool after 1861