Author Topic: Alexander Ross  (Read 3885 times)

Offline PaulB28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Alexander Ross
« on: Tuesday 26 July 05 20:14 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on Alexander Ross and Margaret McKenzie who were married in Tain on the 1st of November 1822.

they had the following children Margaret Ross Born in 1823 in Tain, William Murray Ross Born in Kincardine in 1824, Hugh Ross Born in Kincardine in 1825, Lexie Ross Born in 1829 in Tain, Janet Ross Born in Tain in 1831, Thomas McKenzie Ross Born in 1833 in Tain, Ann Ross Born in 1835 in Tain, Mary Clunnies Born in 1837 in Tain, Alexanderina Ross Born in 1839 in Tain, and Thomas Ross Born in Tain in 1841.

I found the family staying in Tain on the 1841 Census, Alexander was aged 55 and his occupation was Burgh Office, his wife Margaret was aged 35 and also staying with them were William aged 16, Hugh aged 15, Christian aged 12, (don't knwo who this is can't find a birth), Jess aged 9, Ann Aged 6, Alexina aged 2.

I can't find any trace of this family any other census and only been able to trace William Murray and Thomas Ross after this date.

I know that Alexander was a Mail Coach Driver in Kincardine for a time, He then was a Town Officer in Tain, he was also a Tailor in Tain.

I wonder if any one has information on this family.

Thanks

Paul
researching Byrnes (Armagh) Byrne (Dublin) Carrick (Dublin) Bellew (Armagh) Garvey Armagh) Meldrum, Davidson, Mortimer, Dow, Bain (all Aberdeenshire) Robello (italy & Aberdeen) plus more