Author Topic: McCaldridge/M'Aldridge and McFadden Families Ballymoney married into Taggart.  (Read 6532 times)

Offline rowan33

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McCaldridge/M'Aldridge and McFadden Families Ballymoney married into Taggart.
« Reply #18 on: Friday 17 February 17 22:58 GMT (UK) »
I am the grand daughter of Alexander McFadden who was Minnies brother.  Tried tonight to get Nancy and Mary Ann's birth dates but no joy.

Offline Sandel1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McCaldridge/M'Aldridge and McFadden Families Ballymoney married into Taggart.
« Reply #19 on: Friday 17 February 17 23:20 GMT (UK) »
Can you provide Nancy and Mary Ann's surnames and approx birth dates - have discovered not all births got registered in our family circle.
McFadden, McCaldridge, M'Aldridge, Gordon, Robb, McDonald

Offline pvmcguire

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 18 February 17 00:18 GMT (UK) »
Your grandfather's dob would be helpful - I can't find his birth in either the GRONI or Irishgenealogy  index

Offline rowan33

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 18 February 17 01:20 GMT (UK) »
Alexander mc caldrige/mcfadden dob is Sept 1905.

Offline rowan33

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 18 February 17 01:22 GMT (UK) »
Nancy Jane McFadden dob ant 1835 and Mary Ann McFadden dob ant 1844.

Offline pvmcguire

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 18 February 17 01:58 GMT (UK) »
Alexander mc caldrige/mcfadden dob is Sept 1905.
That's very interesting. Even though they were McFaddens, they still used the name McCaldridge.

Looks like he was born on 30 July 1905 at Ballycraigagh.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1905/01776/1698177.pdf

Offline Sandel1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 18 February 17 10:01 GMT (UK) »
I always heard Gran talking about her brother Sandy!  Her second youngest son was Alex, called for him and we have a Sandra in the family also called after that line.

May I ask if Mary Ann and Nancy Jane were sisters, or related in some way, and did they both have children with the  William McCaldridge/Alexander?  I know that Nancy Jane's family were associated with Toberkeigh Presbyterian Church.

And can I ask the source of the two approx years of birth?  I have got no joy either in seeking Mary Ann - uncertain if Mary Jane was actually related.   By the way, is Mary Jane's daughter Jane the mother of a young soldier Malcolm McFadden commemorated for being lost without trace at the Somme?  If so there is a lovely UlsterScots poem by a Jordan Mogey on a dedicated facebook page.

Offline Sandel1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 18 February 17 10:03 GMT (UK) »
Ancestry.co.uk free searches all weekend commencing 18 Feb 17.

Online aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 18 February 17 11:27 GMT (UK) »
Probably very little on Ancestry that will help find details of the family in Ireland.

'Malcam' McFadden (transcribed as age 11 but original looks like 17) 'servant' in Taggart household in 1911-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Drumtullagh/Moycraig__Upper/114022
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai001345153/

Commonwealth War Graves entry- Son of Mrs. Jane McFadden, of Mosside, Stranocum, Co. Antrim. Died 1916 and age given as 23 so born c1893 which is a big diffrence from 1911 census!
http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/802684/McFADDEN,%20MALCOLM

Commemorated Roll of Honour in Mosside Presbyterian Church-
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~econnolly/rohpci/rohmosside.html

Write up and photo of him in uniform in Ballymoney Heroes 1914-1918 by Robert Thompson.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!