Author Topic: Am I coming to the right Conclusion?  (Read 2119 times)

Offline ShaCollins24

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Am I coming to the right Conclusion?
« on: Saturday 11 February 17 09:07 GMT (UK) »
Not quite sure if this is the correct place for this I am hoping someone can help me on rather or not my conclusion is correct.
Researching my husbands family trying to discover his gr gr grandfathers parents. I have the following information:
Name: Richard Collins
Birth: about 1794 in Hertfordshire, according to 1841 census, age at death on death certificate and burial age this is about the year he was born.
Marriage: 1819, Benington, Hertfordshire to Jemima Edwards
Death: 17 November 1841, Bengeo, Hertfordshire, accident age 47. Residence on Death Cert. is Benington, Hertfordshire.
Burial: 23 November 1841, Benington, Hertfordshire age 47
Residence in 1841: Benington, Hertfordshire

When I search for a Richard Collins or even Collings in Benington and Walkern Hertfordshire for 1794 +/- 5 years I return 0 results. I have also tried same search for entire Hertfordshire again 0 results.

I had a theory the other day so just searched Richard, 1794 +/- 5 years in Benington and Walkern. I get 6 results. 5 of these Richards has two parents listed. 1 had only a mother, Sarah. Name of Child Richard Warren Baptised 14 August 1791 in Benington. Mother obviously being Sarah Warren. Now I know for fact that a Sarah Warren, Widow married George Collin(g)s in January 1792 in Benington. I also know that there was another son baptised with the mother listed Sarah Warren, no father but the child's full name given as Thomas Collings, baptised 26 March 1790.

Now my theory is that George Collings had fathered these two sons. My problem is I am not sure if my conclusion is correct and would like others input on this as I really have no one to discuss this with. Any input, suggestions or even a reason to dismiss my conclusion will be helpful to me.

Thanks!
Sharon
Researching: Collins-Hertfordshire, Chiswick and London areas; Johnson and Egan in Hammersmith; Gurney - Brentford; Goodhew - Essex.

Offline Jeuel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Am I coming to the right Conclusion?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 May 17 08:34 BST (UK) »
Well, you don't have proof, but it sounds likely.  Sometimes that's the best we can manage!
Chowns in Buckinghamshire
Broad, Eplett & Pope in St Ervan/St Columb Major, Cornwall
Browning & Moore in Cambridge, St Andrew the Less
Emms, Mealing & Purvey in Cotswolds, Gloucestershire
Barnes, Dunt, Gray, Massingham in Norfolk
Higho in London
Matthews & Nash in Whichford, Warwickshire
Smoothy, Willsher in Coggeshall & Chelmsford, Essex