Author Topic: Richard Lee and Elizabeth Ann Corey  (Read 2669 times)

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Lee and Elizabeth Ann Corey
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 February 17 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Yes that is a shame.

I will leave this for now as need to know;

Which child of Richard are you descended from Skull?

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 12 February 17 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Apparently I have done Kilsby as well as Wansford graves although I can not see any of the surnames Skull.

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline Skull

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 13 February 17 07:07 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for all of the information that you've unearthed.

It seems almost certain now that the Richard Lee from Kilsby isn't the same Richard Lee who lived and died in Wansford. The reason for my initial query was to try and find the first wife of Richard Lee (1762-1827), but particularly his parents, and where they came from.

I am descended from Richard's son, Richard Lee (1826-1912), and from him I can trace this side of my family up to the present day.

From the Bishop's Transcripts for Northamptonshire Baptisms, I know that Richard (1762-1827) was a schoolmaster in Wansford. When he married Ann Cowham he was a widower, so I guess he could have come from further afield than Northamptonshire, and that his first wife may have died elsewhere.

Thanks again

Skull

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 13 February 17 12:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that explaination Skull.

Ok, so it is likely Elizabeth Lee buried 4 April 1820   Wansford may be Richards 1st Wife.

Sorry other than that I cant be much help.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Skull

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 13 February 17 16:59 GMT (UK) »
How about this one:

Richard Lee born in Kelmarsh in 1763, son of Richard and Ann Lee. Could he have possibly married an Elizabeth and moved to Wansford? Or did he remain in Kelmarsh?

Skull

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 01 November 19 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Some other possible thoughts:
If Richard Lee (bp c1790 or 1791 Kilsby), and being the son of Richard Lee and Elizabeth Ann Corey went onto marry Jane Ashley 3 Aug 1819 Broughton with witnesses George Ashby, Ann Lee, and others, then there is a bap for one Elizabeth Lee born 12 Dec 1821 and bp 10 Apr 1822, to a Richard and Jane Lee of Kilsby  in  Independent, Northampton RG4/2121. If we continue to look at other persons with chn baptised in that Community, then there were a wealth of Kilsby folk including fairly well off families: Satchwell, Ushers, Hammonds, Whitmores, Gardners, Thompson and the Essen family, including Joseph Essen who went on to marry Kezia Lee as reported earlier on this thread.
As for Richard, Kezia's older brother, I believe he would be the same, who along with the Usher family was 3/6 of a fourth part of the Manor of Kilsby in the mid-1800s and buried 25 May 1867 Kilsby. In 1861, he still had 134 acres and lived with his niece Ann Essen, as also mentioned previously.
As for me, I am still trying to establish the parents of the John Lee 1661 Manor of Kilsby [Indenture], knowing loss of church records in Kilsby and the Civil War issues in Kilsby in 1642.
Keith
Then, when Timothy Satchwell dies in c1818, he had bequeathed the Kilsby manor shares he had to Thomas and John Lee, his friends.

If we go back to 1661, then my ancestor John Lee had 1/4 share of the Kilsby manor, then in 1673, his son Andrew Lee with the help of 320 pounds from Thomas Boddington of Burbage, Leicester, most likely used that dowry when he married Jane Boddington 9 days later, to buy out his father's 1/4 share of the Kilsby Manor. No death or Will found for John Lee 1674 onwards (3 Hearth house in Kilsby).
Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.
Banks: farmer/curriers/shoemakers, East Ham, Bermondsey, East End