Author Topic: Costello / Costelloe Patrick. Butchers 37 Moore street  (Read 343 times)

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Costello / Costelloe Patrick. Butchers 37 Moore street
« on: Sunday 12 February 17 23:29 GMT (UK) »
Anyone know anything about this Costello.  when they he had the butchers on moore street.  I know they sold up at some stage and moved to a place called Pondarosa maybe in Stepaside.  I am not sure if it is a house or a place.  I think the may have been in the grocery business also..  A sister may have been married to a Eugene O'Brien B 1905 nickname Odie.

I know lots of may have been. (lol) I just thought someone might recognize the names.

Thanks,
CC
O'Farrell (Dublin) & (Westmeath) - Leonard (Dublin) - Duggan (Dublin) - Nolan (Dublin) & (Kildare) - May (Dublin) & (Manchester) - Griffin (Limerick) & (Dublin) - Doody (Dublin)- Doran (Dublin) - Flatherty (Dublin) - Ryan  - Dunne - Malone - Healy -

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Costello / Costelloe Patrick. Butchers 37 Moore street
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 February 17 00:04 GMT (UK) »
Did you find that address in Slater's?
That's what I got when I googled it, scrolled to the start of the book and the date on it was 1846.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 February 17 00:33 GMT (UK) »
yes I did see it there and also Thoms directory.  To be honest  I didn't think about the dates.  I was excited about finding the butchers.  It's information I just came by early today from a cousin.  I really don't know if they would be the same family that far back.  But, he was the only reference I have found so far.  It is a shame that they haven't digitized the Thoms Directories.  Maybe they will one day. 

Thanks CC 
O'Farrell (Dublin) & (Westmeath) - Leonard (Dublin) - Duggan (Dublin) - Nolan (Dublin) & (Kildare) - May (Dublin) & (Manchester) - Griffin (Limerick) & (Dublin) - Doody (Dublin)- Doran (Dublin) - Flatherty (Dublin) - Ryan  - Dunne - Malone - Healy -

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 February 17 09:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Who are you looking for? Is it Patrick Costello?
There is an Elizabeth Costello, 80 yrs living in Stepaside in 1901 but if you are searching for people born abt 1905 then Elizabeth won't be yours  :-\

Heywood

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 February 17 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Is this Patrick COSTELLO in 1901 with his sister Bridget - LINK
at house 32 in Eblana, Loane, Prince Patrick, Bessboro and Carlisle Tces. - N.C.R. Phoenix Park (Arran Quay, Dublin)

In 1911 Bridget is still at Bessboro Tce with a servant
This address is also on other records below

Patrick died Oct 14 1910 LINK
His niece Kate ENNIS was the informant

She is still living at the same address given in 1911 LINK
House 11 in Stoneybatter (Arran Quay, Dublin)

Patrick ENNIS m. Catherine MORAN Apr 20 1896 LINK

I think that she may have exaggerated her age as she was baptised on Jun 13 1852 in the Pro-Cathedral; her brother Patrick MORAN was born at 38 Moore Street
Their parents were Michael MORAN and Elizabeth COSTELLO

This couple married in August 1844 which would imply that Elizabeth was bc1823 or earlier
Unfortunately the marriage record does not show parents names to tie to Bridget and Patrick who must have been older (Patrick bc 1833 & Bridget bc 1851) based on the census returns but not always accurate LINK

This then could possibly be the Patrick COSTELLO on the 1901 census
Baptism shows Patt COSTELLOW in 1829 LINK

I'm not seeing other births from this address at this time but there are many births of COSTELLO (and variants) in Dublin at the time; without parents names it will be difficult to link them

I am not seeing an O'BRIEN/COSTELLO marriage
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder