Author Topic: Birth Print out  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Print out
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 February 17 21:26 GMT (UK) »

I may order the print out, sounds like much more detail than a death cert. 

Suzy W

Hi, yes a "printout" is what we always recommend purchasing for family history purposes.
A "printout" is an image of the register entry so it contains all the information available at time of registration of the event. 

[When a "certificate" is ordered, although the details are taken from the registry entry, they are subject to human error during the transcription process (- not that that happens often).   Also, a certificate doesn't make provision for allthe information that is available from the registry entry, to be included.   An example is that a marriage "certificate" doesn't include the names of witnesses to the event (and this is detail which is so often helpful in finding "family"). ]

~  Lu

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 February 17 21:28 GMT (UK) »
Done, ordered, so I await 8 working days, and hopefully it will answer some long awaited questions :)

*  Do you want to put any details of your search here ... that we could help with in the meantime ?

Offline Suzy W

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The only way forward is backwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 February 17 21:36 GMT (UK) »
I do have much info on the family when they came to New Zealand etc.  Papers past has been wonderful for that.

It is just finding who were his parents?  Scotland's records do not seem to have his birth in 1830. The only first record that might be a close match is 1841 census, his parents dead by then and he is living with another family.  Then finally concrete evidence with his marriage and the 1851 census before coming to New Zealand.

I have just discovered a DNA match with a man in Dundee who has Lyall in his tree, and we would like to know if they are the same as my line or a little side branch.

A deceased relation did most of the research years ago, but I think he must of ordered the death cert and not the death print out, so cross fingers and toes that something will show.

Suzy W
TEW family of Leire/Leicester and New Zealand
MERRICKS of Stafford/Birmingham
PENTECOST of Surrey and New Zealand
POTENTIER of France, England and Canada
WATKINS of London and New Zealand
WHITAKER of Guiseley Yorkshire and New Zealand
LYALL, of Dundee, Caithness and New Zealand

And far too many to add

Offline Suzy W

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 24 February 17 01:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

Just got the print out.  And still lost.  Names of parents are as first thought.  But darn it, if I can find anything on Scotland people or family search for their marriage.  This brick wall is getting pretty hard and my head is hurting. :-[

Suzy W

And far too many to add

Offline alamar

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 24 February 17 06:35 GMT (UK) »
Until recent times Scotland had three forms of perfectly legal irregular and common law marriages. They were based on inter-party agreements, public promises and habitual cohabitation. Might this couple have had such an arrangement?
Living in Christchurch, New Zealand.

Offline Suzy W

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 24 February 17 19:21 GMT (UK) »
I was wondering that myself.  We will be going back to 1800-1830.
Strangely I can not see the death of my 4 times grandmother, not under maiden or presumed married name.  Her maiden name spelling has been done in so many different ways, Pittellow, Pettellow, Putello etc
My 4 times great grandfather is buried at Howff, in Dundee, so I am happy with that.  But finding the birth for him, well that is another brick wall.
I am working on the Scottish naming pattern and I do think I may of found some connections with that.  It is going to take sometime to sort.

Suzy W

And far too many to add