Author Topic: NSW, Sydney, RAHS lecture re Writing NSW and the Great War Wed 1 March 2017  (Read 431 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Hi Sydneysiders,

Some history books are dull, hard to follow the author's theme, and simply not interesting.  BUT, Naomi Parry and Brad Manera with Will Davies and Stephen Garton, have put together an absolutely fantastic, relevant, responsible and infinitely interesting history about ordinary NSW families and WWI.   Naomi Parry is presenting a FREE lecture about the writing of their book.

RAHS Day Lecture Writing New South Wales and the Great War
Wednesday 1 March 1pm - 2pm
 History House 133 Macquarie Street Sydney
 Presenter - Naomi Parry
Cost: Free
Naomi Parry, co-author of New South Wales and the Great War, will discuss the impact of the First World War on the ordinary citizens of NSW, not just in the theatres of combat but at home in our cities, towns and rural communities, and reveal some of the treasures from the collections of the State Library of New South Wales, State Records NSW, the Anzac Memorial in Hyde Park and regional libraries and museums

(RAHS - Royal Australian Historical Society).

RAHS website : http://www.rahs.org.au/event/rahs-day-lecture-writing-nsw-great-war/  I would expect bookings would be essential.

http://www.centenaryofanzac.nsw.gov.au/about-the-nsw-centenary-of-anzac/nsw-and-the-great-war-centenary-of-anzac-commemorative-book/

May I please ask our Moderators if they will leave this on our Australia board rather than on the Events Board.

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.